Miui Poco M3 Pro 5G and Spam Notifications

Infected operating system
Android
Infected device
Miui Poco M3 Pro 5G
Infected device issues
My phone is infected with vipcaptcha.live and my passwords look like they've been compromised. I'm getting fake messages to say I need to clean up.
Steps taken to remove the infection
I have followed your instructions on your website but when I find the vipcaptcha.live in Google settings there is no clean and reset option as indicated by your instructions

Shezza

Thread author
Oct 17, 2022
I've tried clearing vipcaptcha.live from my android but in Google I get as far as locating it but there is no option for clean and reset. What do I do.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've tried clearing vipcaptcha.live from my android but in Google I get as far as locating it but there is no option for clean and reset. What do I do.
Hello @Shezza,

1. On your Android phone, open the Chrome app.
  2. To the right of the address bar, tap More (the 3 vertical dots).
    Screenshot_20221017-144800_Chrome.jpg
  3. Tap "Settings".
    Screenshot_20221017-144754_Chrome.jpg
  4. Tap on "Notifications".
    Screenshot_20221017-144807_Chrome.jpg
  5. Chrome's "App notifications" will open, turn off "Show notifications"
    Screenshot_20221017-144811_Settings.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.