Battle MJ Registry Watcher vs. WinPatrol vs. Malware Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
My vote goes to WinPatrol because it is more user friendly and easy to configure, if you add advance registry monitoring it is very effective.

Malware Defender is a good product, if you have the time to get everything setup correctly it is more stable then Online Armor and Comodo, bugs are at a minimum and never loses its settings when upgraded

MJ Registry Watcher is also good, but not as user friendly as WinPatrol.

Thanks.:D

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Malware Defender is a good product, if you have the time to get everything setup correctly it is more stable then Online Armor and Comodo, bugs are at a minimum and never loses its settings when upgraded

I have Malware Defender installed now. It is a feisty little bugger. LOL
I like it. It truly has "paranoid mode". I am leaving it on learning mode for a few days. If you don't alter the rules a bit, it will make you click so many times for all the Windows processes it is not even funny.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Doesn't look like 64 bit is offered.

Might investigate here: http://www.windows7download.com/win7-malware-defender/vepnfomz.html

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
ZOU1 said:
Doesn't look like 64 bit is offered.

Might investigate here: http://www.windows7download.com/win7-malware-defender/vepnfomz.html

That link is out-dated back when Malware Defender used to be a paid product.

Malware Defender latest version is freeware- http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Malware-Defender.shtml

It only supports 32-bit.

Enjoy!!:D

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
The last time I used it it made me dizzy

I can relate. It takes patience and dedication to train it.
It is not near as sluggish as OA w/HIPS was. My startup is faster and it plays much better with Threatfire. Most of all, even if their are a few conflicts that I don't notice because I am not getting hangs, there are NO BSOD's. That is a plus.

So far it is what I have always wanted for real-time security.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I used WinPatrol and it is actually highly light and works well. Its better to get the plus version though.
I am currently using Comodo and I am liking it so no turning back.
My vote is for WinPatrol. I may try Malware Defender in a VM.
Even Outpost has a got HIPS and AntiLeak.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
MD is light too. It is about like TF except it is much more finicky unless you go: OPTIONS>Rules>Allow Signed Apps. Learning mode makes it tolerable. These programs are obviously not for everyone, and there are even plenty of advanced users out there that don't want to bother with training MD. Training TF is a picnic in comparison, even if you use learning mode in MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.