MOBA/DotA style games

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
For the users who are interested in MOBA style gameplay (Multiplayer online battle arena, which can also be referred to DotA based) there are a few current titles as well as Open Beta ones:

Not the complete list:
DotA
DotA 2
League of Legends
Awesomenauts
Super Monday Night Combat
Smite
Rise of the Immortals - Battle for Graxia

Now I have played mainly Smite, SMNC and Just tried it Rise of the Immortals.

Recommand checking those 3 out if you are interested.

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
I played DotA (Defense of the Ancients) since 2008. Now, I play Dota 2 (small letter "a" because of copyright problems, Icefrog/VALVe from DotA vs Pendragon from LoL) but rarely because of my low-pc specs. I go to internet cafes to play it. You might add HoN (Heroes of Newerth) there. It's is more similar to DotA since it is the first clone released with different platform. If you play DotA then it's just the same but w/ different graphics. Add Blizzard ALL-STARS too (previously Blizzard DotA but change because of another copyright problem, VALVe vs Blizzard) but it will come soon.

DotA/Dota 2 is ARTS based from Gabe Newell while others says it is DotA-genre and others MOBA but who cares about the genre if you will have fun with it?

I played LoL too but only for 1 time. It is surely noob-friendly but I still go to DotA since it's more competitive for me.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Yeah I left out HoN and BAS. Was late at night and braincells were not 100% functional.

LoL I find it a big learning curve as opposed to DotA or even other MOBA styles such as Smite and Rise. Nevertheless I did watch the IPL 5 LoL matches along with Starcraft2. Epic matches if you ask me.

What I like on Smite is the additional modes and the more user friendly.

Was a player of the original DotA and then moved on and only recently went back to that style with Smite for quite some time.

Have not tried Dota2 yet tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.