Mobile antivirus

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
Hi guys didn't know where to put this topic

so sorry if i created it in the Wrong section
the question is what are the Free antivirus product for Mobile Phones
a lot of my friends asks me for antivirus for mobile phone i don't know how to respond :blush:
anyway is there a list of some kind so i can Look for them for an antivirus Free is preferred

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm using Avast Antivirus for my smartphone .. It's decent enough and most importantly doesn't have a high impact on the battery life..

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=sVzou1P68I8[/video]

Almost all the vendors have an security app. for Android , Lookout Security & Anti Virus seems to be most free av used at the moment but I'm sure that in the future AVG,Avast and other companies will take the first places as this market is becoming more and more competitive.
You can check this thread for some related talk.

D

Deleted member 178

Using Avast too with root modules. the firewall is effective and i like the anti-theft features.

Z

ZeroDay

I'm using avast as well with root modules and I'm also really liking the anti theft feature.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
The one that I'm currently using is Avast and I love it so far. The AV that I used to use was Dr.Web and that was good as well, but the only thing is that Avast does a firewall Dr.Web as far as I know doesn't.

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011
Just added Avast to my wife's smart phone, we'll see how it goes. I like Avast for the PC, hope it does as well as a mobile app.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It's great if you root your phone because then you get the full access of the firewall that comes with it. Unless you root the phone you won't be able to use the Avast firewall.

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011
Honestly have never tried to root a smartphone before, wouldn't know where to start and would probably get shot if I bricked my wife's phone LOL!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Here's a video of how to, but if you have no idea what your doing, I recommend not to root it.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.