AV-Comparatives Mobile Security Review 2023

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Introduction

In this report, we aim to aid readers in evaluating both the built-in security measures of Android and the advanced features provided by third-party security apps. Our report covers results from malware protection and battery consumption tests, along with reviews that assess the functionality, app design, and overall usability of each security solution. At the end of each product report, readers can find a table that offers an overview of any anti-theft functions included in that particular product. While some of the apps we’ve tested might have additional features like app managers, network monitors, and system optimizers, we primarily focus on security, including anti-malware, anti-theft, safe browsing, and privacy in our reviews and only briefly mention any further functionality. To facilitate easier product comparisons, we maintain a consistent structure for each product report
Test Results

1688058781296.png
Full test:
PDF download:

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

On un rooted Samsung Android with 4 years security updates using Google Play and Bitdefender free and Samsung's fort knox (secure folder for consumers and compartment for enterprise) I think security is well covered.

Good to see paid AV's do so well

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
On un rooted Samsung Android with 4 years security updates using Google Play and Bitdefender free and Samsung's fort knox (secure folder for consumers and compartment for enterprise) I think security is well covered.

Good to see paid AV's do so well
Samsung also used McAfee (in Device Care), so I don't think that Bitdefender free is needed on Samsung phones.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
What I do like about using BD Mobile Security on my phone is the lock and wipe feature from my Central account.

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.