Thread author
Sep 17, 2012
Some additional software i use:

Screenshot tool: ScreenPresso.

Games: Steam, Uplay.

VPN : CyberGhost Prmium Plus.

PDF: PDF Studio 11.

Compress: WinRAR, 7ZIP.

Driver Update: Intel Updater, Driver Pack Solution freewere.

Burning Tool: Power ISO.

Hello all,
I am not advance user but if you guys suggest me I will be glad
Thanks
Mohammad

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As Windows 7 RTM is no longer supported, I strongly suggest to install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. (Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows)

A shared PC is more likely to get infected (different people, intentions of use and levels of knowledge). I recommend that the main / primary Administrator account is password-protected, and the remaining accounts are limited to Standard user accounts.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free can be used on-demand to scan the regularly, weekly or monthly to check for any signs of unwanted software on the PC. (Free Anti-Malware Detection & Removal Software)

uBlock Origin for Google Chrome, a fast and efficient ad blocker for browsing the web. (uBlock Origin)

CCleaner (Slim build) is a quick and easy tool to delete junk files, temporary files and much more. (CCleaner - Builds)

You can also Learn [MUST READ] How to update your security config without creating a new thread! - Remember to fill in all required fields.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please update your security config with some more detailed and accurate information.
Members who haphazardly throw together a config to meet giveaway requirements will have their entry removed

Reactions: Deleted member 178

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
For a backup solution i would use Maccrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a good reliable and free version. ;)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Mohammad. The exemplary suggestions given also happen to be those which I have followed myself!:) My wife prefers our own Windows 7 SP 1, & fortifies this system with ESET too!;)

With Chrome, I use the following settings to block 3rd party cookies:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
  5. In the "Cookies" section, you can change the following cookies settings to
    block cookies:
    • You'll see
      chrome_95647_blocked_cookie.gif
      in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked.
    • Block only third-party cookies: Select the "Block third-party cookies and site data" checkbox.
Firefox is our favorite browser used on Windows 7, & may prove to be a welcome alternative for you too.
Choose the independent browser

An extension which helps establish encrypted connections where they are available is HTTPS Everywhere.
HTTPS Everywhere

Thanks for sharing your configuration, so that we could share, in turn, with you!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One thing to consider is that tweaking the HIPS of ESET may cause trouble if you didn't consult with an experience user. The default protection should be fine already. However if insist then follow the description carefully.

Have a backup browser in case of any problems with the right extensions to use.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.