Troubleshoot Monitor rolling

Sharonp

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
I have a compaq presario Cq62 I have had problems with the monitor for awhile, it rolls and eventually and I began squishing something down between the back of the bottom part of the computer and the monitor. That keeps it from rolling but I had not been using it. Now, I have to use it.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I have not done anything, and I am worried about taking the case off, because I just did that on another computer. I do have a monitor from a larger laptop.
I decided to start a new thread for a different computer I have. It is a compaq presario laptop windows 7 32bit. The monitor rolls and sometimes I can not get it to stop. Right now I have something squishing it so it stops rolling. Something must be loose, or I don't know. I am hesitant to take it apart because I can not see to unclip the very small little white clips. I pushed on the bottom of the monitor when it first happened and noticed it stopped the rolling, so I just stuffed a piece of cardboard there. Thar keeps it from messing up. Is there an easy way to fix this, because in the end of april I might be able to buy a monitor, or a whole new computer. I hate to do that though.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Compaq & HP are the basically the same brand now I am assuming.HP laptops are notorious for screen flickering and rolling.If you take off the front of the lid and speaker section on your laptop,on the left side you should see 2 wires that are just twisted together.Yes believe it or not they are not soldered :confused: The connection is probably loose. Even though they appear to be twisted together and taped they are probably loose.You can either solder these 2 wires together or you can twist them back together tightly and then tape them together again.If you are unsure of how to remove that part of your laptop there should be a video on youtube showing how to do it.

Here is an image I found which might help you

BWDHM.jpg

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well it depends on the wear and tear level of a laptop that holds the monitor signal, cause sometimes the nature of its manufacturing couldn't guaranteed how many times it can hold which causes flickering as normal occurrence of issue

Replacing the monitor of the laptop can be very tightly in budget + time consuming due to the fact it will undergone numerous process from HP.

Upvote 0

Sharonp

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
I meant attaching a regular monitor not replacing the one I have. I have this size so I am going to look for a way to open it without taking everything off.

ZdFEUOJ2cMZMI6V2.standard

Upvote 0

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Compaq & HP are the basically the same brand now I am assuming.HP laptops are notorious for screen flickering and rolling.If you take off the front of the lid and speaker section on your laptop,on the left side you should see 2 wires that are just twisted together.Yes believe it or not they are not soldered :confused: The connection is probably loose. Even though they appear to be twisted together and taped they are probably loose.You can either solder these 2 wires together or you can twist them back together tightly and then tape them together again.If you are unsure of how to remove that part of your laptop there should be a video on youtube showing how to do it.

Here is an image I found which might help you

View attachment 45879
You're GREAT, exterminator20!!

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I meant attaching a regular monitor not replacing the one I have. I have this size so I am going to look for a way to open it without taking everything off.

I had an old HP/Compaq that I had to do this on.I also did it on a friends HP laptop.You shouldn't have to take everything off its actually not very difficult at all.You might struggle getting the original tape off and it may seem as though the wires are twisted and not frayed or worn but after twisted them back together tightly and taping them good it should work.It is a pretty simple fix if thats the problem,hopefully that is all it is.If you wedged something in there and it stops the flickering/rolling then I would be willing to bet its something loose.

Reactions: tallorder
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.