AVG Performance
CCleaner
Defraggler

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
This is the latest setup that I'm currently running on my new system. I'd rather keep things simple without the over encumbering stuff. I ain't afraid of getting compromised since I know what I'm doing.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Good config :)
Just i hate chrome(privacy etc ...) and i think ADP is a verry bad choice it use too much RAM and the navigation is slowed.
Try µblock ^^

Reactions: tonibalas

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'll look into your suggestion. I've been away for far too long so much that I'm not really that updated anymore when it comes to new stuff. Thanks!

Reactions: thepierrezou

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
You can also use a password manager just to secure your passwords when you are online;).
Nice and light config and thanks for sharing:)

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Is LastPass still a good choice for a password manager? The last time I used it was way back on 2011 so I don't know if things have changed for the good or for the worse.

Reactions: tonibalas

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Good config :)
Just i hate chrome(privacy etc ...) and i think ADP is a verry bad choice it use too much RAM and the navigation is slowed.
Try µblock ^^

I've just installed µBlock and it's a little lighter than ABP and works just as good. Thanks again!

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
add On-demand Scanners: Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro ;)

I don't have 'em installed currently but my recovery flash drive's packed with everything from scanners to anti-rootkits to bootable rescue disks so I'm ready if anything will ever happen.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
yes Lastpass is a very good program all your passwords are encrypted you just have to set a master password and remember it so you can log in to the sites.The master password is also encrypted and even Lastpass doesn't know it and if you forget it or lose it you can just change it so you will continue to use your secured passwords;).
But then again there are so many password managers you can try your self and stay with the one you like the most;):)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree with adding a Password manager such as LastPass.I too would suggest some on demand scanners.
I would update ESS to version 8
Thanks for sharing your config :)

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Updated the thread to show my latest setup of as now. Got tired of using 3rd party Antiviruses since they all bog down the system to some degree.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.