Battle Most complicated solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
We have had many polls laying around various security solutions, whether it is based on lightness, user friendly or protection. You name it, its available.

I am however curious to see which solution you have used so far that is the most complicated in terms of UI/Settings/Components.

Targeted at advanced users.

Solutions can be either Free or Paid, with or without Firewall and or with or without zero day protection modules (BB/HIPS/HIDS etc).

Just name up to 3 solutions and vote.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From the security products I have used, I voted Kaspersky, Comodo and Other (Avira). While their GUI is OK, I find the settings to configure the product, complicated.

P

Plexx

Thread author
I choose Kaspersky Augnitum and Comodo. Reasons is based on Settings/Components.

Kaspersky with the list of settings is daunting.

Augnitum with its mode's that open up more settings.

Comodo with its terminology.

However Comodo at least has a decent guide on their website that can be easily searched. Others are scattered around.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Wow, I find that Kaspersky is easy to configure and use. (Well for me anyways)

I voted for Comodo and Eset.

If eset shocked you, It actually confused me a bit to configure right. Is just different from what I always used before, Its been awhile but I do remember the headache it gave me that day without Bio's guide.

P

Plexx

Thread author
3link9 said:

If eset shocked you, It actually confused me a bit to configure right. Is just different from what I always used before, Its been awhile but I do remember the headache it gave me that day without Bio's guide.

ESET doesn't particularly help with its Knowledge Based (KB) articles in some components and terms so I do not blame you.

Kaspersky is still the one with most settings I have seen. Might be missing another one but yeah, purpose of this thread was to see the other side of the field:)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
3link9 said:

I don't think in v6 there is anything to configure in ESET except the HIPS.

P

Plexx

Thread author
MrExplorer said:
I don't think in v6 there is anything to configure in ESET except the HIPS.

Configuring HIPS itself is a nightmare, specially if you edit and make new rules (without the aid of Learning/Interactive mode).

ESET V6 did not have any changes on HIPS module. It remains the same as V5.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Biozfear said:
I choose Kaspersky Augnitum and Comodo. Reasons is based on Settings/Components.
Kaspersky with the list of settings is daunting.

I have to agree Kaspersky's settings are quite a handful.Maybe not difficult once you go through them but definitely not as easy as some others.

Comodo was my other choice,it takes a little getting used to but as Alex pointed out they have a good guide.I also found MalwareDoctors review of CIS 6 to be very helpful in getting you around the settings and pointed in the right direction.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i love dozen of modules & hundreds of options so for me it is a must-have ^^ but anyway i will vote for KIS, Comodo and Avast:

1- KIS : lot of modules and settings, quite long to setup totally

2- Comodo v6: Horrible and "wasting-time" UI, must click a minimum of 2-3 times to access a simple option. note saying the HIPS that is worst to configure than v5.

3- Avast, yes Avast! why?!!! : some very useless modules (IM shield), badly done one (sandbox) and if you ever configure it , you have surely observed that the same options (PUP, actions, etc...) are replicated in each module tab (so must be ticked/redone) rather that a central page.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Comodo products are by far the most complicated to configure because you have to keep configuring new products and updated products to get them to work correctly. The configuration is never ending and the GUI requires a guide in order to know how to configure.

Thanks.:D

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
why some people is voting kaspersky as most complicated solution!!! can someone explain me ??
personally i found that kaspersky is quite good for amateurs also, automatic web blocking, auto virus removal, usb scan etc.....
in today most of the anti malware softwares are userfriendly in their own ways, even Comodo is much better in version 6.....

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
Comodo v6 has to be the most Counter-Intuitive interface i have used in recent times
so it gets my vote
Kaspersky comes a close second, but it makes up for it by adding a "Search" button

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.