Battle Most complicated solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
We have had many polls laying around various security solutions, whether it is based on lightness, user friendly or protection. You name it, its available.

I am however curious to see which solution you have used so far that is the most complicated in terms of UI/Settings/Components.

Targeted at advanced users.

Solutions can be either Free or Paid, with or without Firewall and or with or without zero day protection modules (BB/HIPS/HIDS etc).

Just name up to 3 solutions and vote.

P

Plexx

Thread author
tipo said:
i voted for comodo. their new UI is nasty compared to v5..

I wouldn't say it is nasty. It is different yes. Offers more customization in terms of UI, yes. Is it needed? Personal opinion: no.

bug_in_amber

Jan 21, 2013
Comodo's new versions becoming easier to use due to sandbox feature.

My favorite firewall Agnitum Outpost PRO is a little bit complicated in terminology, but new SmartScreen technology making it easy to use.

Kaspersky have a lot of settings to configure, but I think It's very easy to use. If you are advanced user and switch to interactive, then its a little bit much harder, but I think Kaspersky's HIPS is one of the most understandable.

ESET is my favorite in usabillity and smoothness except their horrible HIPS

P

Plexx

Thread author
bug_in_amber said:
Comodo's new versions becoming easier to use due to sandbox feature.

My favorite firewall Agnitum Outpost PRO is a little bit complicated in terminology, but new SmartScreen technology making it easy to use.

Kaspersky have a lot of settings to configure, but I think It's very easy to use. If you are advanced user and switch to interactive, then its a little bit much harder, but I think Kaspersky's HIPS is one of the most understandable.

ESET is my favorite in usabillity and smoothness except their horrible HIPS

So you are votings Comodo/Augnitum/Kaspersky/ESET as most complicated or the other way around?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
bug_in_amber said:
I am not voting because I think all of those listed above have improved version by version to be easy to use.

Okay then, why not use the 2012/2013 products. That might make it easier. :)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
bug_in_amber said:
I am not voting because I think all of those listed above have improved version by version to be easy to use.

I disagree or you choose the wrong words.

From time to time they have become lighter and not to be as resource hogger as in their early days but they have become complicated and included many useless things in the suite because of competition

I

illumination

Thread author
For me, it would have been Comodo. Back in the day when it did not recognize half of the programs on your system and would literally hit you with a barrage of pop-ups while you were just trying to install it on your system, it made for a complicated learning lesson.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Payback said:
McLovin said:
Kaspersky, Comodo, McAfee. To me they are quite hard to navigate.

For me,they are easy-to-use o_O,seriously McLovin?

You did not even know Comodo Internet Security Premium was Freeware, yet you say it is easy to use. Have you checked it?

Each user has their own opinions on the topic in hand. There is no right or wrong answer. That is the purpose of this thread: to share everyone's point of view. So please do not post such comments and respect the users that actually take time to answer and list their points of views.

Thanks

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
my vote goes for Comodo and Agnitum. I have used free version of Agnitum, it gives too many pop-ups which gives headache to any user and Comodo v6 has sure improved a lot but its new GUI is awful.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Stats from the poll suggest Comodo is the most complicated suite to configure. Yet many recommend that Comodo is the security to use from complete Novice to Advanced users, it just doesn't quite add up.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Biozfear said:
You did not even know Comodo Internet Security Premium was Freeware, yet you say it is easy to use. Have you checked it?

Each user has their own opinions on the topic in hand. There is no right or wrong answer. That is the purpose of this thread: to share everyone's point of view. So please do not post such comments and respect the users that actually take time to answer and list their points of views.

Thanks

I meant,the Pro version,I ain't god to not make mistakes -.- . C'mon stop ditching me

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Payback said:
I meant,the Pro version,I ain't god to not make mistakes -.- . C'mon stop ditching me

Well, if you don't want people to ditch you you have to realise that when you ask questions like this:
For me,they are easy-to-use o_O,seriously McLovin?

your going to get a funny response because of the open topic.

And as Biozfear said I have opinions for them, I find them rather hard to navigate and what not. To some users like Umbra Corp, NSG who use Comodo, they will find it easier.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Earth said:
Stats from the poll suggest Comodo is the most complicated suite to configure. Yet many recommend that Comodo is the security to use from complete Novice to Advanced users, it just doesn't quite add up.

One thing that Comodo does have in its favor its the Help Section/Guides available on official website with detailed info.

Most sites use KB based approach and finding stuff is not really a walk in the park. Kaspersky and ESET are the prime example of such approach.

For basic understanding (leaving default settings on) and referring to comodo's guide and explanation, a user can get around it, but when it goes to more tech terminology and settings, that's where the fun starts.

Kaspersky is in 2nd place so far and from what I read its the customization.

Eventually the user will get used to it but first impressions and available tools to decipher its settings puts both Comodo and Kaspersky in the lead.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Biozfear said:
Earth said:

One thing that Comodo does have in its favor its the Help Section/Guides available on official website with detailed info.

Most sites use KB based approach and finding stuff is not really a walk in the park. Kaspersky and ESET are the prime example of such approach.

For basic understanding (leaving default settings on) and referring to comodo's guide and explanation, a user can get around it, but when it goes to more tech terminology and settings, that's where the fun starts.

Kaspersky is in 2nd place so far and from what I read its the customization.

Eventually the user will get used to it but first impressions and available tools to decipher its settings puts both Comodo and Kaspersky in the lead.

Comodo does provide that info if you are willing to read all of those guides, but I don't see most users willing to read lengthy guides to use a product, they will just move on to another that is more easy to understand.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Biozfear said:

True but most users don't even click the "?" button to see those detailed infos :D

P

Plexx

Thread author
Littlebits said:
Comodo does provide that info if you are willing to read all of those guides, but I don't see most users willing to read lengthy guides to use a product, they will just move on to another that is more easy to understand.

Thanks.:D

Unfortunately this specific trend exists outside of users using Security softwares.

Nearly 90% of users from a service (whatever service that is) will never read its terms and conditions for example.

I do not think this is a lenghty guide due to its layout and structure, but that is just me:

Source

Above is for version 5.

Below is for list of versions:
Source 2

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
My vote goes for Norton

Why? : Cause,it you go to settings,you'll find crap-load of options,each "config" windows opens another windows with "config" button (ex : Firewall),which is way complicated than KIS,I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.