App Review Most Popular Antivirus Brands 1997 - 2019

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
When I got my first new computer[s}There was either Norton or McAfee installed on them,They both became crap to be blunt,Bitdefender and Kaspersky seem to get the best reviews,but early on Kaspersky made me nuts,keyboard problems and printer not working trouble.Malwarebytes and Emsisoft ,Hitman pro were the best secondary scanners.Used Bitdefender about 5 years then Avast about 4,since LOL everything under the sun. Now Kaspersky,Eset with voodooshield and Symantec endpoint are my present ones used on different computers

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Interesting: I remember how Norton & Malwarebytes both flushed their products down the toilet by their own hand, Norton was a few years ago the most bloated ungainly impossible to remove piece of garbage I've ever used (apart from iTunes for Windows of course) - Things are different now I think, with Symantec ?

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017

1572349300204.png

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
@Cortex Norton products are pretty light these days. While I always run their removal tool after uninstalling Norton products, I've never had any issues with using the standard installer in recent years.

I agree entirely, I' talking about 10 years ago plus when Norton had large market share & a total re-think of the product was done as at one point there were updaters to the updaters & probably more pirate copies out than original, totally lost it's way - This is when I became a fan of NOD & F-Prot - Norton now is one of my favorite AV's along with Emsisoft & ESET.

Malwarebytes isnt even an antivirus, why is it there? and im happy avast is finally being left behind
Malwarebytes think it is ....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.