Most Responsive Browser in Power Saver Mode and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
What's the most responsive browser in power saver mode and what browser has the best battery life regardless of mode? How much battery life do you get over the base battery life when you use other browsers?

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Nice question, I mainly use a notebook and, after I tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome, it seems Edge is quite responsive and it consumes a bit less battery, mainly during video surfing in power saver mode.
The problem is that my battery is gone, I get more or less than an hour of autonomy, so I cannot be more precise.

Reactions: military

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Nice question, I mainly use a notebook and, after I tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome, it seems Edge is quite responsive and it consumes a bit less battery, mainly during video surfing in power saver mode.
The problem is that my battery is gone, I get more or less than an hour of autonomy, so I cannot be more precise.
Is it youtube? I believe Edge uses mp4 by default unlike the others which uses webm.

Reactions: Winter Soldier

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
My battery is also a working-dead but honestly, I know that Opera is better than Edge with its power-saving mode enabled, on my laptop. No performance impact, youtube videos/medias and responsiveness are all great. Don't have any opinion for Chrome and FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.