Advice Request Most secure E-mail provider.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

StarKenzie

Level 1
Mar 26, 2020
ProtonMail is a winner for me. But also i see, that Gmail are improving a lot. Now it's quite difficult to log in to your email, without captchas, recovery mails, phone number 2-fa and so on

Reactions: Protomartyr

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
I use Gmail for my everyday use. Much better filtering that Outlook
For a more privacy focused email, how about free Proton and GoFile.io for big attachments? Just trying that combo...
Any other fast and "secure" alternative for big attachments?

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
First of all I'm not a hater or a lover I tried a lot of email providers and paid for it.
If we are talking about security Gmail is the winner.
Bug bounty program and a lot of money they can spend to improve security also they can afford better programmers, engineers. Do not believe other email providers like tutanota, protonmail, ctemplar etc are more secure than gmail. Do not believe other email companies can't read your messages! They can because every email provider has backdoor even if they claim the opposite. They could deactivate your 2FA if they want and ask any programmer if you don't believe me. You seriously believe 2FA is something magical that can't be deactivated by an inside man?
Protonmail says full of BS in this article. Why ProtonMail Is More Secure Than Gmail - ProtonMail Blog
  • Zero access to your emails (full of BS).
  • no tracking and logging (and that's why it is more secure than gmail, seriously?)
  • end to end encryption (but they don't say it is not available if you send emails to external providers. and how often we send emails to gmail, outlook, yahoo etc?)
  • large companies often are the most vulnerable (but they do not mention google they mention Yahoo and Equifax. Lazy companies)
  • strong authentication (gmail also has it)
  • protected by laws (this is not security but privacy)

and so on...

If you want to communicate with an outsider send password protected email with protonmail or if you send emails only to protonmail users then it is good and works. Otherwise there is a better option.

Last edited:

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
In my opinion the most secure mail:
77128003-pigeon-bird-and-papoer-letter-message-mail-on-neck-for-abstract-of-media-and-press-sender.jpg

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

I am using CTemplar, Tutanota, MsgSafe and Gmail. I use MsgSafe mainly for alias. Gmail is for study related mails and file sharing. When I send file with other email service, my classmates freak out as they have to call me for password😁.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.