Technology Mozilla Corp. has a new CEO

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Enter Laura Chambers, a dynamic board member who will step into the CEO role for the remainder of this year. Laura brings a wealth of experience, having been an active and impactful member of the Mozilla board for three years. With an impressive background leading product organization at Airbnb, PayPal, eBay, and most recently as CEO of Willow Innovations, Laura is well-equipped to guide Mozilla through this transitional period.

Her focus will be on delivering successful products that advance our mission and building platforms that accelerate momentum. Laura and I will be working closely together throughout February to ensure a seamless transition, and in my role as Exec Chair I’ll continue to provide advice and engage in areas that touch on our unique history and Mozilla characteristics.

Laura’s focus will be on Mozilla Corporation with two key goals:
  1. Vision and Strategy for the Future: Refining the company’s vision and aligning the corporate and product strategy behind it. This will be grounded in our mission and unique strengths and shaped by our point of view on technology’s future and our role in it.
  2. Outstanding Execution: Focus, Processes, Capabilities: Doubling down on our core products, like Firefox, and building out our capabilities and innovation pipeline to bring new compelling products to market.

misterman2100

Level 2
Verified
Dec 3, 2018
I'm hearing "how can we capitalize on what we have and milk whatever we can out of whomever we can." Pun intended due to her former company.

Interested to see the direction of the company in the short-term and how that will play out for whoever is chosen as the long-term CEO.

Regardless, I'll still use Firefox - it's that pair of slippers that you never want to throw away.

Reactions: R3j3ct

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.