Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From their FTP site dated on April 21,2012

Well for changelog likely from the beta version of it and expect for a few days to be release on the main page of Mozilla Firefox site.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
downloaded it last night, installed it, still laggy interface. threw it out, Dragon rockin.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
On my mom's laptop does fine with no lags I think this is due on the hardware type used, the older the hardware type the chance it cause trouble on browsing.

Same using 1GB of RAM but does fine and I can play Tetris in Facebook without problems.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
What are the big differences in this version of Firefox?

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Most of the release notes were adopted from the beta so likely it goes on that fixes and improvements.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/12.0beta/releasenotes/

Also one of the site (WOT: Red Rating) claiming the official release is April 27 I think.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Mozilla to auto-upgrade Firefox 3.6 users to version 12 - Link

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
They finally did it. About time that people that are using the old version have upgraded.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Likely its useless to have a small percentage usage that using older version like 3.6 so its ok that everything will be upgrade on the latest version.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
McLovin said:
They finally did it. About time that people that are using the old version have upgraded.

The old version was still good, 100x better than v4, too bad they stopped supporting it.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
The old version was still good, 100x better than v4, too bad they stopped supporting it.

I realise this but it's like XP if you don't upgrade you will be getting more security risks then people with the latest version.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I prefer Firefox Nightly UX, but on my mom's laptop I installed Firefox 12 and it work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.