Battle Mozilla Firefox vs Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
This is going to get heated, but I thought I might post this anyway, the big question is, which web browser do you like better? Chrome or Firefox? Post your replies!

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
I agree with MrXidus. It all comes down to personal opinions and taste.
For me, Firefox is better than Chrome but that's.......just my opinion.
Hungry man, according to my book, Chrome can be described in one
word, boring.;)

Bo

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Firefox is better because of its massive customization features and its many choices of add-ons to select from.

I like Chrome and its speed to me feels matched to Firefox, I don't take in from tests performed by other people, I do my own testing and judge my own opinions.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Thankfully Chrome has tons of add-ons now. And because of FF's release schedule it's breaking a lot of add-ons that just aren't developed anymore.

I

illumination

In my personal opinion, all of you have touched on aspects to the over all question of which browser.. Bottom line is the user, and which one they are more comfortable with.. They are both customizable, although certain plug ins work with one that wont with the other, but are very few.. I like both browsers, they are both great alternatives to using Internet Explorer!

V

Vextor

I really have no opinion on this. I like Chrome, but sometimes I decide to use Firefox. Although I must admit Chrome is a bit buggy, so in that case I do like Firefox. And I am writing this in Firefox.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
This how the signature of two browsers

Firefox= Customizations and known even before of abundant addons.

Chrome= Known for having fast browser, top performance like HTML 5, and etc....

kathir_anitha

Sep 9, 2011
I like Google Chrome It's best browser with many capabilities,features are great,also it's speedy,compatible browser!!! it's secure one also.....While using the Browser i checked my Internet upload speed and download speed at Scanmyspeed the speed is Good...So i recommend the Google Chrome for all.

Moderator Edit: The link to 'Scanmyspeed' was removed due to its MyWoT reputation being 'very poor'.
-
elliotcroft.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
As a + for Chrome I would like to add the Apps....Which I'm sure in the near future will be brought to a new level by Google. I'm using Chrome Dev and for the 15th version they are working on a new UI which will put on tab the Most Visited sites , Apps and Bookmarks.
LRuji.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I made a research but I cannot tell if FF was more secure since Google Chrome was only the one survived in Pwn2Own contest before.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
No, Firefox is nowhere near as secure.

In terms of raw security features there isn't a single thing that Firefox has over Chrome but there are quite a few (powerful) features that Chrome has over Firefox.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Dejan said:
psyside1 said:
Sorry guys for being rude, but how can you in the name of god say that Firefox is faster then Chrome? thats nonsense! Firefox is known as one of the slowest browsers, if not the slowest, event generally is very good (other then being slow ofc)

Actually, Firefox isn't known as "one of the slowest browsers" and in fact, Chrome is slower at loading pages then Firefox or Opera on my computer. This is just me though...

exactly its the same for me!firefox renders page quicker than chrome and i don't like the way chrome loads images,sometime it shows its dead when you load the img link on firefox it works.so for me its firefox using v7 currently :)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
now, firefox did good job for me. never lag or freeze.
I ever use chrome, it's about 4 years ago. it amazed me. but, not use it anymore. don't need lot browser at my machine.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Speed is one of those things that changes from computer to computer. Chrome may run faster for me but slower for someone else when compared to Firefox because my hardware is different from theirs.

The security aspects are fairly objective though. Comparing Firefox to Chrome is like comparing IE6 to IE8. Chrome just comes out on top no matter how you look at it.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Some like HM, love their Chrome but I ll never use a browser that has bookmarks/Favorites on the right side. I like my bookmarks on the left side and having them open as a side panel. Maybe I am too conservative but I can not stand it have to open bookmarks like is done in Chrome.

Ohhh, and the color, that light blue color. I just don't like it. I am not much into looks but Chromes light blue and Avast Orange are the worst ever according to my taste.

I have never installed Chrome but I have(sandboxed) tried Iron and Chromium. When I tested how Chromium behaved opening Videos in Youtube, I was amazed of how bad it was. It froze and videos did not play as well IN my computer as it does when using Firefox. When I made that test, I seriously had considered adding one of them to be used explicitly for Youtube. That thought did not last long.

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.