Battle Mozilla Firefox vs Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
This is going to get heated, but I thought I might post this anyway, the big question is, which web browser do you like better? Chrome or Firefox? Post your replies!

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Actually it doesn't.

http://adblockplus.org/devbuilds/adblockpluschrome-experimental/00latest.crx

Enable experimental extensions API and it will block ads just as well as any other browser.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
FireFox for me. I like the general layout of FF with the Menu Bar on top rather than on the side.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The one I like for Firefox is configured through about:config (you can add new strings, boolean, and integer) especially some articles stated to make FF faster without problems.

D

Deleted member 178

i use Waterfox instead on Firefox, i have a x64 system so i must enjoy it :D

jamescv7 said:
The one I like for Firefox is configured through about:config (you can add new strings, boolean, and integer) especially some articles stated to make FF faster without problems.

+1

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
firefox is way better when you configure it with some tweaking,page load much faster,only stuff i like about google chrome is automatic translation i hope firefox add this :)

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I like both internet browsers but I prefer Mozilla Firefox. I think Firefox is safest than Google Chrome. But when I want to play in games on Facebook I use Google Chrome (or chromium) or Opera. Because Firefox has little problems with games on Facebook, especially with Zuma- my favorite game.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For about years I used Firefox, there are sometimes I'm using Google Chrome however for some reasons I'm still stick to Firefox. ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
jota13 said:
I like both internet browsers but I prefer Mozilla Firefox. I think Firefox is safest than Google Chrome.

What do you exactly mean by "safer"?

Both browsers without addons, I would say Chrome has more protection than Firefox.

Cheers. :D

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
im a huge Opera fan but since they started adding extensions to their browser too late i switched to firefox. loved how customizable this browser is but lately i saw massive laggs and performance issues with FF so had to switch to chrome. tbh i love chrome but hate the fact that google is making it and will switch back to opera/ff anytime if only opera improves addon support or FF add process per tab.

so for now, chrome for me.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Well I like FF but it is a resource hog even with memory fox...on my laptop(3 gb memory,dual core amd turion) ff is slow to respond so I have turned to iron, I also use chrome and dragon but iron seems to be the fastest and most private and ofcourse they are all very secure.
I am so used to chromium type browsers, I tried ff the other day and gosh it was so slow compared to Iron, I think i'd rather use opera!

dk_asasin

Apr 2, 2012
In my opinion, Google Chrome is not secure. He send personal data to Google and that's not OK....
But I love Chromium. It's like Chrome, but it's Open-Source and fully private

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.