Battle Mozilla Firefox vs Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
This is going to get heated, but I thought I might post this anyway, the big question is, which web browser do you like better? Chrome or Firefox? Post your replies!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Srware Iron and Comodo Dragon that known famous for using the engine from Google Chrome without privacy issues.

I will have to disagree about Comodo Dragon it collects user data just like Google Chrome and sends to Comodo.

Copy of EULA for Comodo Dragon:

Code:
7.1. Privacy Policy.  Comodo shall follow the privacy policy posted on its website at http://www.comodo.com/repository/privacy_agreement.html when collecting and using information from you.  Comodo may amend the privacy policy at any time by posting the amended privacy policy on its website.  
7.2. Disclosure.  Comodo will disclose information where required by a subpoena, interception order or other lawful process.  Comodo may also disclose information when it believes that such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or safety of others or to enforce, or protect Comodo’s rights under this Agreement.
7.3. Opt Out.  You may opt-out of having information used for purposes not directly related to the Products by emailing a clear notice to optout@comodo.com.  By clicking “I AGREE”, you affirmatively consent to receiving Comodo’s and its affiliates’ promotional material.

It all depends on who you trust more Google or Comodo.

However there are no privacy concerns for SRWare Iron, CoolNovo (formally ChromePlus) and Chromium.

Thanks.:D

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Iron is a joke. It offers absolutely nothing and I'm fairly certain that its source code hasn't been released in ages, making it closed source unlike the Chromium browser it's based on. I'll say it again, Iron is scamware and scareware.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hungry Man said:
Iron is a joke. It offers absolutely nothing and I'm fairly certain that its source code hasn't been released in ages, making it closed source unlike the Chromium browser it's based on. I'll say it again, Iron is scamware and scareware.

At the moment I currently use when every other browser I have doesn't work the way I want, and I have to say it works fine for me.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Hungry Man said:

SRWare Developers are the only Chromium developers besides Google that contribute to the open-source project. Some of the same developers also work with Google.

I don't see where you can download source codes for CoolNovo, Comodo Dragon, Maxthon 3 and other Chrome-base projects.

If anyone knows where you can download their source codes then please post the links.

SRWare source codes are at the very bottom of their download page:
http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_download.php
Where it says:
"Download Sourcecode (for Coder):
Part1 Part2 Part3"

The difference between Google Chrome and SRWare Iron is explained at this link- http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I conducted the research and it only shows that beside for Chromium only Srware Iron provided the source code.

Coolnovo= no source code download
Comodo Dragon= no source code download
Rockmelt= no source code download
Maxthon 3= no source code download

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.