Battle Mozilla Firefox vs Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
This is going to get heated, but I thought I might post this anyway, the big question is, which web browser do you like better? Chrome or Firefox? Post your replies!

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
I am going to say I like Firefox best. Good speed (highly improved in FF4), nice amount of useful addons, light, and most importantly very stable.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Addons should not be counted in this vote, considering that they are third party features that are not developed directly by Mozilla nor licensed or endorsed by such.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Addons should not be counted in this vote, considering that they are third party features that are not developed directly by Mozilla nor licensed or endorsed by such.

True, but Mozilla has played a part in this by making the development and distribution of add-ons easy enough for millions of people to do this.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
I like Chrome a lot, but the new Firefox 4 is much faster and lighter. I also like the tab groups.

elliotcroft said:

Well...part of the vote is how many add-ons are available to each browser. This is a good reason to vote for Firefox...many good add-ons.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I'm a Firefox fan.

I was using Comodo Dragon for a while, and liked it, but Chromium based browsers have an annoying habit of not wanting to load a page and giving you an error message. At first I thought it was a Dragon issue, but doing some research showed that it was a Chromium issue.

Anyway, I got fed up and I'm back to Firefox. :)

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I like both but I've used Firefox for a long time and since version 4.0 I'm back to it. Mozilla built their browser to support add-ons, it was an important decision that probably influenced the success of this browser.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I would prefer Firefox because in my opion it is gernarlly faster and has a lot more addons that you can get for firefox...I only use Google Chrome if something does not work in Firefox.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
As elliot and Mark touched on other options would make this more an enjoyable vote. Personally I like and prefer Opera over anything else without question, as to this specific thread though I like Mozilla based PaleMoon and I like Chromium based SRWare Iron, for the choice here between the two I have to say I prefer the Chromium based choice which when I use it works flawlessly and faster than just about anything else, including Opera (at least for me this is how it works). My vote...none here, my choice IF I HAD to select one, mainly due to the speed...Chrome, just prefer it to not include Google, Dragon is similar but having tried it SRWare has proven far better for me.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Google Chrome still has a long ways to go before it catches up with Firefox.
Google Chrome still lacks many features that I use.
So definitely Firefox.

Thanks.:D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Firefox feels like it can better render pages and it has a overall better compatibility..but Chrome isn't far behind(IE is a nightmare at this chapter btw!)
What I do like in Chome is the simplicity,speed and the recent added features like "Instant Search" .As far as add-ons/plugins go...well I feel like Chrome has managed to deliver to us the most important and essentials plugins..so I wouldn't choose Firefox for that add-ons reason.
Chrome developing team seems to be more active and have more ideas...
I do think that, in the future, Google will manage to overpass Mozilla in the browsers war since it has overall a better developing team....

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
I switched to chrome at version 4 when extensions made an entrance and I haven't looked back since.
Chrome really is a case of making more from less. Fast, secure, good extensions, what more do you need.
Chrome is made on the philosophy of what the user can do without, and it seems I can do without a lot.
Firefox has more features, but most of them are only usable to me in rare cases and I won't base my browser choise on hypothetical situations. Also the interface in firefox 4 is broken (or I hope it is) because the text rendering in the dialogs is, at least ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.