Mozilla recommending "open source" browsers to curb surveilance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
We+Should+Trust+only+Open+Source+Browsers+to+keep+NSA+away.jpg

After the revelations from NSA internal documents leaked by Edward Snowden, the world knows the NSA as the Real Techie Gangster of this 21st Century, with the ability to brutally infiltrate every kind of electronic device, the Internet, and global communications.

"It is becoming increasingly difficult to trust the privacy properties of software and services we rely on to use the Internet. Governments, companies, groups and individuals may be surveilling us without our knowledge. " The Inventor of JavaScript & current CTO of Mozilla, Mr. Brendan Eich said in a blog post

I

illumination

NSA is not just focused on high-tech exploits, but also specialize in inserting secret backdoor to legitimate products. Its Tailored Access Operations (TAO) unit works with the CIA and FBI to intercept shipments of hardware to insert spyware into the devices. This way NSA is able to keep an eye on all levels of our digital lives, from computing centers to individual computers, and from laptops to mobile phones. It really trouble us when the Government itself force the service providers to Insert backdoors for the purpose of surveillance and made them maintain silence due to gag orders. So, on what users rely on? Most probability the best option left is - Open Source. Brendan Eich suggested not to blindly trust any software vendors, where the products are not Open Source. Because at the end of the day most big companies must comply with the law.

This is my point, if they have intercepted device's, and planted something on it, would it really matter what browser you used? ;)
If this was the case also, why would they need service providers to install backdoors? Why do i see other posts claiming they can crack any encryption, and through any firewall.. There is literally so much contradiction that i can not figure out whether to laugh, or shake my head..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.