Mozilla starts charging for Firefox Private Network browser extension

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Mozilla has announced that its Firefox Private Network browser extension has reached a new phase where the beta will move from being free of charge to costing $2.99 per month. The company will keep the service restricted to the United States for the time being but has said that it hopes to expand to new markets soon.

With the new fee, Mozilla says that customers will be able to connect up to three Firefox browsers at once. Additionally, the service has received a new icon to help users differentiate the browser extension from the Firefox Private Network VPN. With regards to the standalone VPN, Mozilla says it has an update to share in the coming weeks.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I’m all for them finding ways to make money. I want to see Mozilla improve moving forward. With that said, I wouldn’t pay for the extension. Their full VPN app is provided by Mullvad for a decent price, so I’d use that instead.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.