• CCleaner
  • MPC Cleaner
  • Soft Organizer

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
Trusted
Verified
Hello & thank you for sharing your configuration, @Mr. Tech!:)
I like the way you cover all the bases from your preferred software to your choice of extensions.
Well done!;)

For those times you don't open Chrome in a sandbox, I set Google Chrome to block 3rd party cookies.
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings,
  3. ..and then scroll to the page's bottom, & click Show advanced settings.
  4. Under "Privacy", click on the Content settings button.
  5. Check the box "Block third party cookies & site date"
  • Additionally, you might consider marking the circle "Keep site date only until you close your browser".
..and consider using "Incognito" which clears history & cookies at the session's end.

Thanks for reading all this too!:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Staff member
Verified
Consider removing Driver Booster
Consider removing SAS & SpywareBlaster in favor of some other on demand scanners such as HMP,EEK,Eset Online Scanner,etc.
Good config! Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: LabZero
M

Mr. Tech

I changed my Chrome settings to block 3rd part cookies & I am installing EEK as I post this.

On the other hand I will consider removing SUPERAntiSpyware but I won't remove SpywareBlaster as it isn't a scanner, but a malicious website blocker that is updated monthly.

Also forgot to mention that my UAC settings is set to maximum.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Staff member
Verified
On the other hand I will consider removing SUPERAntiSpyware but I won't remove SpywareBlaster as it isn't a scanner, but a malicious website blocker that is updated monthly.
I know what SpyBlaster does but in light of everything else installed,including SBIE,it is just something to consider and definitely not a requirement.Making the real time protection lighter would be a more pressing matter

Last edited:
M

Mr. Tech

Why the over-lapping real-time security apps, and how many website blockers do you need?
MVP HOSTS, SpywareBlaster, and Web Companion are all different things and blocks different sites.

M

Mr. Tech

In essence they do the same thing, but function differently. Why not add PeerBlock?
PeerBlock has a lot of glitches, the first time I tried it the program wouldn't even let me update it just gave me an error in a endless loop.

Vasudev

Level 29
Verified
@Mr.tech-> How much RAM have you installed? Just curious, certainly you more RTP modules watching your back from malwares. Bleachbit(BB) is a worthy companion to CCleaner, but be careful with the options in BB.

M

Mr. Tech

@Mr.tech-> How much RAM have you installed? Just curious, certainly you more RTP modules watching your back from malwares. Bleachbit(BB) is a worthy companion to CCleaner, but be careful with the options in BB.
4GB but it run's like a charm ;)

M

Mr. Tech

Removed:
Zemana Anti-Logger
Driver Booster 2
Auslogics Disk Defrag
Pale Moon

Added:
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
MPC Cleaner
Shadow Defender
Privacy Badger
Defraggler
Opera

M

Mr. Tech

Does anyone have any suggestions as to any programs/software I should give a try? (I like testing out new software :D)