MRG-Effitas 360 Assessment 2017 Q2

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Oh boy, Defender + SmartScreen is slightly better than Webroot in this "close to real world, average system use" test. I'm not surprised, I just understand I did the right choice ditching Webroot some while ago. Quite sad Webroot haven't made any improvements to its AV lately, I feel like they have become so arrogant, to a point where they don't listen to user feedback/suggestions how to improve the product. :(

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
MRG-Effitas have more credibility than AV-Comparatives and AV-Test?

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

News regarding Webroot results. :rolleyes:
Webroot: Hey guys,

I was able to find out some info for you around this. MRG updated their testing environment which caused some issues with WSA. We've been able to work with MRG to identify the issue at hand and it looks to be resolved. The issue was with the product configuration in the VM image they took.

As this last round of testing was obscured by the testing bug, MRG agreed to remove WSA from this quarterly 360 report. We should see this reflected in the report soon.

Me (TripleHelix): So your saying the test was full of errors or mistakes?

Webroot: In many cases it appeared that WSA wasn't fully active in their testing environment.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.