Malware Hub Report MRG Effitas 360 Degree Assessment & Certification Q3 2017

D

Deleted member 65228

Notice how there's no behaviour blocks for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? If they can just get a grip on dynamic analysis and prevention, they'll boost themselves back up.

I know they do have a dedicated have an anti-ransomware component, although I'm yet to actually see it work properly and prevent a ransomware infection. Maybe soon hopefully. Who knows what they are planning. I think they already know they need to step it up a bit. :(

Never heard of "Watchdog Anti-Malware" before. Looked it up, now I understand why I've never heard of them.

McAfee performed better than I expected.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
A pity not to test G Data and Emsisoft, highlight for Panda, will anyone say that Panda also injects money into MRG_Effitas?

Reactions: bribon77

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Notice how there's no behaviour blocks for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? If they can just get a grip on dynamic analysis and prevention, they'll boost themselves back up.

I know they do have a dedicated have an anti-ransomware component, although I'm yet to actually see it work properly and prevent a ransomware infection. Maybe soon hopefully. Who knows what they are planning. I think they already know they need to step it up a bit. :(

Never heard of "Watchdog Anti-Malware" before. Looked it up, now I understand why I've never heard of them.

McAfee performed better than I expected.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been in decline for some time, it's time to improve your protection with new technologies or review something, sometimes I think it was not a good idea for them to get into the antivirus market, they were well before that.

D

Deleted member 65228

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been in decline for some time, it's time to improve your protection with new technologies or review something, sometimes I think it was not a good idea for them to get into the antivirus market, they were well before that.
I like them but I think they're going way over their head. I've never even seen Malwarebytes Anti-Malware trigger a single detection based on behavioural analysis, and I've done a lot of testing with it in the past, especially with code injection attack testing. They are playing in a whole different ball park and they're being crushed by other vendors while playing in it. It's like they've gone on a permanent field trip to play on a mine field.

Hopefully they are brain-storming for a big come-back and will execute the plans to get back into the game properly soon. Signatures aren't enough anymore on their own, and buying out adware detection products isn't going to help them overtake the big dogs with dynamic mitigations. Microsoft recently stomped on them as well with the Windows 10 Exploit Protection which offers forcing of mechanisms like ASLR/DEP, and HitmanPro.Alert offers a lot more than Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for the good pricing.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Please Check..
upload_2018-1-4_8-20-39.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.