MRG Effitas MRG-Effitas 360 Degree Assessment & Certification Q4 2018

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
A small third party like OSArmor or SysHardener in conjunction with Windows Defender is the right thing. Otherwise, Defender did very well. I like the graphs here--they are more neutral (meaning that other labs use/d a "traffic light" configuration which has certain underlying connotations--read: "stop, caution, go" when interpreting the final results (n)).

Reactions: bribon77 and JB007

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
In my opinion, Avast Wins in what (to me) is the most important test category, "In the Wild 360 / Full Spectrum Test Results."

The 'win' is valid if you give more points to 'behavior blocks' vice signature blocks -- which I do.

I used to consider Avast as kind of lame. But they seem to be doing well lately.

In the Wild 360 / Full Spectrum Test Results

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.