MRG Flash Test 26/07/2011 (Ransom)

D

Deleted member 178

lol i have EAM and Zemana installed, i think im safe ^^

RIP avira and SAS, a shadow of what they were...

Avast and Bit Defender failed so coranti and GData ^^

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
even avast can't passed on the ransom test. MBAM can passed. that's why i use MBAM pro :cool:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
This a bit surprise that most AV have got a straight 4 failures, Panda is good as 2 samples were block. Emsisoft was still great,

Kaspersky and Prevx seems they are good in detecting ransom.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does this mean an on-demand scan with Hitman Pro (ZAM) can remove the threat while infected with the ransom trojan?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Probably it was used Force Breach Mode to terminated process and work well to removed threats.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Wonder what part of Emsisoft made it so effective. Using Mamutu, which I feel definitely improves their scores.

D

Deleted member 178

Im sure it is both the File Shield and Mamutu, they work very well together.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Mostly Emsisoft may detect the samples from signatures, generics or behavior blocker. Also Emsisoft was up to date in any new zero day malware.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
lol i have EAM and Zemana installed, i think im safe ^^

RIP avira and SAS, a shadow of what they were...

Avast and Bit Defender failed so coranti and GData ^^

I use EAM and ZAL [plus Outpost Security Suite for the firewall/HIPS, AV component switched off] on a 32-bit XP, with PrevX SafeOnline and BufferZone Pro as well. Add some sensible surfing habits - I should be OK, I suppose :)

Sadly, the same sentiment in regards to Avira and SAS...

Kudos to Kaspersky, PrevX. MBAM and DefenceWall!

D

Deleted member 178

MRG will introduce static test

http://malwareresearchgroup.com/2011/08/17/mrg-effitas-flash-tests-%E2%80%93-update/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.