Advice Request MS Office Updates Info Needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I was running Office Standard 2016. I perform custom install & install only Word, Excel & Powerpoint. But Office updates installs updates for not installed Office programs too.

Now on fresh installed OS I have installed MS Office 2016 Volume Edition Standalone Version of Word, Excel & Powerpoint.
Yesterday Office updates released. I checked Windows Updates on my system & there are total 18 Office updates. So I checked on net & there are total 18 Office updates.
So even though I have Standalone Version of Word, Excel & Powerpoint, there are all the yesterday released 18 Office updates shown on my system in Windows Updates.

18 Office updates includes updates for Outlook, Project, OneDrive, Skype Business, etc...
I dont understand why all the updates on my system when I am running Standalone Version Word, Excel & Powerpoint only?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
This shouldn't be happening. I have Office 2016 Home & Student and OfficeClick2Run is giving me updates only for Word, Excel, Power Point and One Note.
I assume you are updating your Office Suite via OfficeClick2Run

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I guess I get Office updates for not installed Office programs due to "Shared Features" & "Office Tools" installed.

During Standalone Word, Excel & PP install I installed "Shared Features" & "Office Tools" & this could be the reason for some updates related to not installed Office programs.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In such installation you can select only the certain features so likely you did not notice upon you check it.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have office 2016, the free 1yr subscription.
If you use the OfficeClick2Run it exhibits this behavior like Bora suggested.
If your not, then it is weird.
Just set windows update to the settings mentioned by Then.
You can do it within GP settings

Reactions: Then
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.