Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I know everyone has their opinions on these products but my question is which one of these would be better for a novice user such as a Grandparent or a kid/teenager? I can only go by reviews i've seen, I want some opinions :)

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Well this is a tough one......
MSE I would never reccomend for a teenager and it would depend on what the grandparent will do on the computer and Kingsoft can be questionable at times... So...

I would say, use both. Kingsoft is built to be compatible and light at the same time.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Well I went for both and it seems to be running smooth. I'm fixing a laptop for an older lady and she knows nothing about computers so I installed MSE first through windows updates and finally decided to install Kingsoft (default settings) so she should be set, I could have just installed Avast which is what I mainly use when fixing computers but felt like trying something different is all. :)
Thanks for the comments

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
My vote goes to MSE because of it's extreme simplicity.
And Kingsoft AV looks like it's has been abandoned :(

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Overkill said:
pablozi said:
My vote goes to MSE because of it's extreme simplicity.
And Kingsoft AV looks like it's has been abandoned :(

Look here

And what's the conclusion? Still no answer from the mods or devs.
Same happened to Kingsoft PC Doctor - first big boom then quiet and no news about.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
I don't think it is abandoned yet......about kingsoft pc doctor....I have read somewhere in the forum that they will continue the development of kingsoft pc doctor once kingsoft av 2013 version is released.....

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
MSE because it has one of the largest malware databases and has many third-party AV partners that share data for malware outbreaks.

Not much is known about Kingsoft, they haven't been in the AV business very long, they have a good reputation in office software.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.