Status
Not open for further replies.

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
A couple of suggestions for your kind consideration:

• To help members who are just starting out that maybe do not possess all of the tech prowess as some of the more advanced with large kudos cred there should be an automatic kudos added for say 1 + kudos added for every 25 welcome replies to new members and or other?
  • All new members be PM with BB code tags to assist to help them format their messages and make them feel more comfortable to post
    For example

as I say just a suggestion :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
The first one I disagree with. If they want to get Kudos, they have to earn it, but as for the second one that might be a good idea.

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
McLovin said:
The first one I disagree with. If they want to get Kudos, they have to earn it, but as for the second one that might be a good idea.

yeah agree McLovin the first point was not well thought out but in my defense I had only had downed one cuppa coffee early on a sunday morning and thought ah well!! I am fresh out of ideas and really wanted to open up the thread for ideas from members on how some new members could earn a little cred until they become a little more confident with the forum and a little more tech savvy??

so good peoples any ideas ??????

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I think a welcome PM would be a good idea, not sure if it's already implemented. Maybe direct users to the forum rules and Introduction thread. Also as you mentioned a tutorial on how to use BBcode tags, although it's pretty straightforward.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Really the Kudos system here is not used enough or properly.Before explaining BB Codes,I think the Kudos system should be explained.

It should be used to thank a member for something that you feel was of value to the membership or that you found useful.Instead of posting "thanks", "Great" ect.,ect.ect.

The reading of the rules is also important.All the mods I have ever seen to force new members to read the rules,at least on Vbulletin,can be just scrolled through and accept checked.Without a doubt the rules are probably most important.

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
exterminator20 said:
Really the Kudos system here is not used enough or properly.Before explaining BB Codes,I think the Kudos system should be explained.

It should be used to thank a member for something that you feel was of value to the membership or that you found useful.

Can I please tell you my good people that exterminator20 is bang on the money here!! sort of evens out the playing field a bit so that if you are not that tech savvy but are honestly having a go to learn then you too can gain some street cred....kudos....IMO we could hear from a few more of our new members that seem to join and not say too much..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.