Advice Request Mullvad 2023.1 question

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Mullvad told me in a few emails they are working on it, but also not everyone is reporting issue(s). I know on my win10, 2023.1 is, or seems to be, working ok. They are responsive to emails.
The Mullvad client v2023.2 will not install on Windows 11 22H2. Mullvad performed no testing whatsoever on Windows 11 22H2 before release.

• Wow
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
The Mullvad client v2023.2 will not install on Windows 11 22H2. Mullvad performed no testing whatsoever on Windows 11 22H2 before release.
Typo? I went Mullvad home page, it says current version is still 2023.1... :unsure:

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021

Mullvad 2023.1 does install on Windows 11 22H2, I did it just fine. It does, however, have an issue connecting to servers. I've reverted to 2022.5 for now. If Mullvad was not even able to install there's another issue with your system than Mullvad.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I had no issues upgrading from the previous version to 2023.1 on Windows 11 22H2 and I've had no issues since.

Reactions: simmerskool
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Mullvad 2023.1 does install on Windows 11 22H2, I did it just fine. It does, however, have an issue connecting to servers. I've reverted to 2022.5 for now. If Mullvad was not even able to install there's another issue with your system than Mullvad.
I never said it will not install on my system. Go to GitHub and read all the reported issues. I do not use Mullvad.

I had no issues upgrading from the previous version to 2023.1 on Windows 11 22H2 and I've had no issues since.
If your system is not a clean install of Windows 11 22H2, then you will not experience the problems. The problem is that LSA protection is not enabled on a system directly upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. LSA protection prevents the Mullvad service from starting.

This has now been fixed and we finally cut a release. Please upgrade to 2023.2 to have the LSA issues fixed! Release 2023.2 · mullvad/mullvadvpn-app

The release is not yet, but will very shortly be on our website.

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I never said it will not install on my system. Go to GitHub and read all the reported issues. I do not use Mullvad.

If your system is not a clean install of Windows 11 22H2, then you will not experience the problems. The problem is that LSA protection is not enabled on a system directly upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. LSA protection prevents the Mullvad service from starting.

This has now been fixed and we finally cut a release. Please upgrade to 2023.2 to have the LSA issues fixed! Release 2023.2 · mullvad/mullvadvpn-app

The release is not yet, but will very shortly be on our website.

You literally said "The Mullvad client v2023.2 will not install on Windows 11 22H2." So, unless you're talking on behalf of others, you lied. And if you are, stop doing that. It's dumb.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

You literally said "The Mullvad client v2023.2 will not install on Windows 11 22H2." So, unless you're talking on behalf of others, you lied. And if you are, stop doing that. It's dumb.
I do not use Mullvad. I am not a subscriber, but I do provide QA among other services. I did not lie about anything. On some systems the 2023.1 would not install. On others it was only a partial install. Still on others it would install but the client could not connect to the service.

So you don't know what you're talking about.

Try harder.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

@Oerlink - why do you feel the need to comment on things you do not know anything about?
I do know a lot about Mullvad as I often provide testing.

You defended Comodo to your grave in the thread titled "Comodo is coming back from the grave"
I never defended Comodo. I just stated the facts. It is your problem that you cannot differentiate between someone merely pointing out the facts versus defending or promoting something.

I could care less what Comodo does. And it is also a fact that a lot of people have unrealistic expectations of software companies. Comodo provides a freeware and if it wants to it can provide the most awful software that has ever existed. You and nobody else has any right to complain about it. It is a freeware. Comodo owes nothing to y'all. So people should stop whining about Comodo and how it doesn't do this or that.

Anybody that has paid even the slightest attention to Melih's posts over the years can plainly see that he could care less what freeloading whiners and complainers think about his free software. He has even told that group of people to go use something else.

Read the Comodo EULA. It says "provided As Is" and "You, the user, assume all the risk of the quality of the software."

now you are talking down on Mullvad and their development team when you do not even use Mullvad and commenting on stuff.
I never talked down one bit about Mullvad. The head developer freely admitted on its public GitHub page that they did not perform any testing of the 2023.1 client on Windows 11 22H2 before releasing it. Go to their GitHub page and take a look for yourself.

Again, I test it. I do not need to be a subscriber. I get free licenses because I provide testing services. Did you even bother to read a word of what I previously posted about it? Obviously not. You just got triggered and had to make a rambling reply because in some way you interpreted what I posted as bashing Mullvad.

Your interpretation of what is being posted is the problem. You're spinning it all with negativity. You should get yourself examined about that.

Be less defensive, less spammy and more truthful in what you say.

@n8chavez - i would not follow any advise that he provides on this forum. Its all spam.
None of it is spam. It is all fact. I provided the receipts.

So you untrigger yourself and calm down.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.