Multiple choice quiz for Visual Basic (Programming)

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi guys :), well I'm back for another help basically still not a pro user when doing programming so I need to explore much.

Can you guys help me on how to make a multiple choice quiz program? Its an activity and the deadline will be on Saturday, however I cannot find a research for it

Also one link cannot solved much as its too way complicated.

If anyone knows it just post for detailed steps. I will give a rep+ for giving good suggestion. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi Earth, actually the first link was that I'm referred though was way complicated as it does have error when used the code.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Here is how I did it...
I made a groupbox with the text being the question. I then put four Checkboxes, three wrong answers one right, I put all the checkboxes in the group box. I also put a button that says "Change".

I then put a label in the corner in that has the text "0" this will help with the score system. I then put another button that says Score with a label that says results.

For the wrong answer I had put:
Code:
If CheckBox1.Checked = True Then
CheckBox1.Enabled = False
CheckBox2.Enabled = False
CheckBox3.Enabled = False
CheckBox4.Enabled = False
Button1.Enabled = True

Button one would be enabled for the change. Once you chose all options will be disabled until the change button was pressed.

I coded the correct button the same way I coded the the wrong answer except with:
Code:
Label1.Text += 1

This would add a point if you were to get the right answer.

The code I used for the change button was:

Code:
If CheckBox3.Checked = True Then
Label1.Text -= 1
End If
CheckBox1.Checked = False
CheckBox2.Checked = False
CheckBox3.Checked = False
CheckBox4.Checked = False
CheckBox1.Enabled = True
CheckBox2.Enabled = True
CheckBox3.Enabled = True
CheckBox4.Enabled = True
Button1.Enabled = False

The Label1.Text -= 1 is to subtact from the score if you were to have the correct answer but wanted to change.

When I coded Score I put:
Code:
Label2.Text = Label1.Text + "/1"
Button1.Enabled = False

The Button1 would be disabled so that once you got your result you could not change your answer to the correct one.

I hope I helped. If I didn't I would recommend asking ReviewsAntivirus to help with coding.

I do a little bit of coding :blush:.

Attachments

• Quiz1.PNG
    Quiz1.PNG
    10.7 KB · Views: 3,264

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.