Multiple Vulnerabilities in Mozilla Firefox Could Allow for Arbitrary Code Execution

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
MS-ISAC ADVISORY NUMBER: 2018-139
DATE(S) ISSUED: 12/11/2018

OVERVIEW:
Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in Mozilla Firefox and Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR), the most severe of which could allow for arbitrary code execution. Mozilla Firefox is a web browser used to access the Internet. Mozilla Firefox ESR is a version of the web browser intended to be deployed in large organizations. Successful exploitation of the most severe of these vulnerabilities could allow for arbitrary code execution. Depending on the privileges associated with the user, an attacker could then install programs; view, change, or delete data; or create new accounts with full user rights. Users whose accounts are configured to have fewer user rights on the system could be less impacted than those who operate with administrative user rights.

THREAT INTELLIGENCE:
There are currently no reports of these vulnerabilities being exploited in the wild.

SYSTEMS AFFECTED:
  • Mozilla Firefox versions prior to 64
  • Mozilla Firefox ESR version prior to 60.4

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I have avoided Chrome because I suspect Google are out to steal your personal data. Its not easy to automatically delete history etc either.

Am I correct about that ?

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Does the beta version have any bugs at all?

~LDogg
Beta version does has some bugs but way fewer than the developer or nightly version.
So far for me it's stable enough, you should give it a try.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.