Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Earth said:
Does Android not supply upgrades to the latest version?

Latest version of what?

The latest version of Android.. just like Apple provides updates for iOS. :rolleyes:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well when its all about firmware likely you need to manual step by step operation.

Only like Google Play and other built in software that does scan for application install for new updates.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
The latest version of Android.. just like Apple provides updates for iOS. :rolleyes:

Every Android device has its own ROM. ROMs are modified by the phone's manufacturer or others (like CyanogenMod). For Example, when I wanted to install CyanogenMod designed for Galaxy S (GT-I9000) on my father's Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001), I have done a search since it is not designed for it. I have found that Audio, Camera and some other things will not work.

Every Android device gets its ROM released at a time different from another. I just can't wait to the ICS to reach my tablet. :(

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Cool.

Does that mean your Android device does more... stuff?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Yes. I feel that it is more stable. Also the usable RAM (out of 1GB) was increased from 775MB to 830MB. It is much more responsive than 3.2 Honeycomb. It is said to have an option to disable apps. I will google about it to see if it is present in mine.

Edit: Disable apps successfully
Steps:
1. Go to settings
2. In the settings menu click on Applications
3. Select All in the tabs at the top of the screen.
4. Click your desired app and click on disable.

Note: doing this may be dangerous if you dont know what are you doing.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
GG what apps did you used for it?

If you mean about rooting, I use AdAway, Chainfire3D (not working in ICS so removed it :(), Cerberus, cant remember the rest. :p

Update: was playing around with system files and damaged Wi-Fi, forced to flash the ROM again (Factory reset wont work because it only restores settings to default and deletes all stored data).

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Installed Android 4.1.2 and using Adblock Plus. The tablet was repaired after bricking (luckily not a hard brick) :D .

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There's not much you can do on Android Tablets?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.