Troubleshoot My computer bleeped, am I infected?

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
While I was playing a game my computer bleeped.
Am I infected? and If I am How do I remove the virus?
Thanks to all!

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Do you mean a beep, but the sound comes from the motherboard?
In this case, usually these are diagnostic messages, and must be interpreted according to the model of MB.
I hope I've not misunderstood.

Reactions: Marko :)
Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am thinking you are not infected but a "Bleep" could mean anything.
In this case, usually these are diagnostic messages, and must be interpreted according to the model of MB.
I agree with this that a "Bleep" is a Beep and might be coming from the motherboard.
Depending on the the motherboard there could be one or a series of beeps or you can look at the motherboard and see 2 digits or Letters when the beep occurs.
Moved to troubleshoot hardware forum.

Upvote 0

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
I dont know where its coming from, im on a laptop and I was to pressured to check where the sound is from. And I cant check because the computer bleeped 3 times and never bleeped again.

Upvote 0

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Similar simptoms with you, i have a Gigabyte desktop motherboard and from time to time
start beeping (just a short beep) in Windows no mather if i make a clean OS install so i asume is related with mb diagnosis/failure (dying fan,hdd error, cpu safe temp in bios, cpu high temp, memory error, mouse, keyboard) or something else.
I dont think the BIOS POST beep codes has something to do with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I dont know where its coming from, im on a laptop and I was to pressured to check where the sound is from. And I cant check because the computer bleeped 3 times and never bleeped again.
A Laptop is a bit of information we did not know.
I am sure you are fine if it hasn't happened again.
Like others said it could have just been accidental and at times a delay in the beep.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Check if you can identify which sound did you hear
urfjTxH.png

Reactions: Marko :)
Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I think it was or 1 short and 1 Long or 1 long and one short. What do these mean?
Because I didnt found 1 short and 1 long in the chart.
Check your laptop's model and manufacturer to see if they can provide any information about the beeps coming from the motherboard.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.