Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
computers often sudden death
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I have scanned with antivirus
hi everyone may of you can help me to overcome my computer damage.
I was confused because I am not a computer expert, has been three months since my computer often die by itself.

I use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
Hardware:
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 rev 1.3
Memory RAM 8 GB
VGA Nvidia Geforce 210
Psu Dazumba 600 Watt

Last edited:
Reactions: Ink

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
If you believe that your system is clean from malware, please download HWMonitor from this link , extract the contents of the archive to your desktop, run the file named "HWMonitor_x64.exe" as an administrator and the program will show you your CPU operating temperature.
Please share your result.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

ahmad_rafiansyah

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
If you believe that your system is clean from malware, please download HWMonitor from this link , extract the contents of the archive to your desktop, run the file named "HWMonitor_x64.exe" as an administrator and the program will show you your CPU operating temperature.
Please share your result.
The result screenshot processor temperature

Attachments

• APC - 2015.09.14 03.34 - 001.3d.jpg
    APC - 2015.09.14 03.34 - 001.3d.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 453
Upvote 0

ahmad_rafiansyah

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
Okay, your temperatures are fine. After system unexpectedly shuts down are you able to turn it on right away, or it takes some time to turn it back on?

My computer shutdown itself after a few hours, after shutdown my computer can not directly on again have to wait a few hours later.
I've tried to replace the battery bios and I also scan the entire hard drive with antivirus software I use.

Upvote 0

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
check the image i posted in the post above, when you buy the power source make sure your video card and the pc can handle it

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Like @OpenSecLabs said above, this issue is probably caused by overheating and/or your power supply. Please read this article and try to borrow another power supply from someone and see if the problem you're having is still present.
Your current configuration can be powered by PSU you are having now, but it may be that it's malfunctioning. Contact someone who is more experienced with hardware to check if all the cables are connected properly and how your fans are doing. Also check the Event Viewer following this guide (Step 6) and see the causes of unexpected system shutdowns.

Upvote 0

ahmad_rafiansyah

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
Like @OpenSecLabs said above, this issue is probably caused by overheating and/or your power supply. Please read this article and try to borrow another power supply from someone and see if the problem you're having is still present.
Your current configuration can be powered by PSU you are having now, but it may be that it's malfunctioning. Contact someone who is more experienced with hardware to check if all the cables are connected properly and how your fans are doing. Also check the Event Viewer following this guide (Step 6) and see the causes of unexpected system shutdowns.

Psu that I use now there are new 4-month warranty and I use this psu, Do I have to replace the psu that I use now?

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Psu that I use now there are new 4-month warranty and I use this psu, Do I have to replace the psu that I use now?
Sometimes a software rail voltage sensors are unreliable. Even if you check your voltages from PSU rails from your BIOS...
The best way to determine voltages is to check them by Volt-Ohm meter if you have one.

p.s. Sorry I totally overlooked your voltages on the screenshot you provided above :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
CPU: Intel q8400 @stock speed (2667) (Intel site Max temp is stated as 70 C)
you tested it with no stress I'm sure if you run a movie or a game the temp will pass the 70.
run some programs like hd movie and antivrus scan and post screenshot of the temp

Reactions: darko999
Upvote 0

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Your temp looks high if that picture equals to regular use of desktop and not gaming or heavy stress software running in the background. IF you get these temps you shared in the picture with no stress at all, I think you have cooling issues. Under heavy load your temps could make your chip shutdown itself to prevent damages to a hardware level.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Based on the findings, PSU will be your primary culprit so likely buy a new one with a consultation with the technician to ensure if that problem will not persist; better take an immediate action to avoid possible bad OS behaviour due to improper shutdown.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.