My configuration!!

ttomm46

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I can also clean a program left overs from my registry fairly easy...

anyway any opinions on configuration appreciated
Tom​

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
What are some of your extensions for Chrome and do you have a backup solution?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not knowing how effective Kaspersky's Anti-Banner is, might I recommend AdBlock.
https://getadblock.com

It's not like AdBlock Plus, there's no whitelisting unless you create one. It's also completely FREE, unless you decide to donate or pay-what-you-want. And yes, it's actively developed.

ttomm46

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Earth said:
Not knowing how effective Kaspersky's Anti-Banner is, might I recommend AdBlock.
https://getadblock.com

It's not like AdBlock Plus, there's no whitelisting unless you create one. It's also completely FREE, unless you decide to donate or pay-what-you-want. And yes, it's actively developed.

thank you

ttomm46

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Yeah!!!! Fresh Start

I had a message saying my copy of win 7 wasn't genuine..

I clicked on the link and did nothing I hope just to make sure i I reinstalled win 7..

Now whichever Av i put on is Staying...I also have a Bit Defender 2014 with 90 days left.....I think all my installs of Av stuff slowed me up
So I out and about the AV world again
ps how good is Hitman pro for a second opinion?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Best thing would be to buy a copy of Windows 7. As for Hitman Pro, that is a great option for another On-Demand Tool.

ttomm46

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
McLovin said:
Best thing would be to buy a copy of Windows 7. As for Hitman Pro, that is a great option for another On-Demand Tool.

I have win 7

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.