aliloxton

Nice config. One recommendation to maintain or rather secure this configuration i.ee add Faronics Deep Freeze.

kjdemuth

Level 9
RollBack doesn't protect the MBR from modification. In fact I've seen folks with corrupted base image from rootkit infection on Rollback RX. No thanks.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
I understand DMR is Drop My Rights, but what about the Restricted browser and Downloads folder. What do you mean by that, what settings have you customised for this?

kjdemuth

Level 9
Sorry Earth. Restricted means nothing is allowed to run or have internet access other than basic items like Firefox.exe, Plugin.exe and one other one. Like java is allowed to run but doesn't have internet access. The Download folder is basically a folder that all my downloads from any of my browsers go to. It is sandboxed, so anything that runs or starts in that folder is sandboxed and doesn't have internet access. Therefore allowing me to test it and scan it at some point.

zeusc4

Level 4
what kind of things you do using this machine ? i felt like you are controlling US nuclear missiles or Drones . that paranoid

Great! looks very nice and solid config for me, tight and safe.
Thanks for sharing your config, I'm going to try Shadow Defender now

kjdemuth

Level 9
what kind of things you do using this machine ? i felt like you are controlling US nuclear missiles or Drones . that paranoid
Hahahaha. I wouldn't say paranoid. It's a pretty light layered defense. There is only a little overlap in using Hitman Pro alert and MBAM AE. They are both so light that it can't really hurt to use them. Other than that everything else is what you would normally see in a Security suite.