My future config(?): Let me know what you think

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Browsers: Brave - LastPass, Pocket.
Firefox - LastPass, uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere.

Tools: CCleaner, NordVPN (Manual), Spybot Anti-Beacon, Revo.

Qihoo 360: I will be using Qihoo for file signatures, web signatures, firewall, and anti-ransomware / behavior blocking.

Comodo Cloud: I will be using Comodo Cloud for sandboxing, file rating, and cloud analysis.

(Note: Anything that would cause these programs to conflict will be disabled. I.E Comodo Cloud AV will be disabled so it does not interfere with Qihoo)

Basically, I am aiming for a lightweight but secure system. From my previous post, almost everyone recommended Qihoo. I decided to add Qihoo with Comodo, as its signatures are 100x better, and it has behavior blocking. I also use it for detecting malicious sites. I leave Comodo to sandbox anything that may be malicious and to analyse everything in the cloud (Valkyrie). And on top of that, I use Brave as my primary browser, which does almost everything things like uBlock, NoScript, and HTTPS Everywhere do.

Let me know what you think! =D

Last edited:

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Did you tried Hard_Configurator? It is the lightest auto-deny in the world. It modifies Windows settings to achieve more security. Each file you run trough the "install mode" / "Right click on .exe or .msi -> "Run as Smartscreen"" will be processed by Smartscreen (above Windows 8). This is very effective. All installed programs or files that haven't the file extension .msi or .exe you can run trough a double click. This is lighter than Comodo Cloud and will give you better results.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Browsers: Brave - LastPass, Pocket.
Firefox - LastPass, uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere.

Tools: CCleaner, NordVPN (Manual), Spybot Anti-Beacon, iObit Uninstaller.

Qihoo 360: I will be using Qihoo for file signatures, web signatures, firewall, and anti-ransomware / behavior blocking.

Comodo Cloud: I will be using Comodo Cloud for sandboxing, file rating, and cloud analysis.

(Note: Anything that would cause these programs to conflict will be disabled. I.E Comodo Cloud AV will be disabled so it does not interfere with Qihoo)

Basically, I am aiming for a lightweight but secure system. From my previous post, almost everyone recommended Qihoo. I decided to add Qihoo with Comodo, as its signatures are 100x better, and it has behavior blocking. I also use it for detecting malicious sites. I leave Comodo to sandbox anything that may be malicious and to analyse everything in the cloud (Valkyrie). And on top of that, I use Brave as my primary browser, which does almost everything things like uBlock, NoScript, and HTTPS Everywhere do.

Let me know what you think! =D
Switch IOBit uninstaller with Revo.

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

-Stick with chrome instead of brave and add the extension ( ublock origin - https everywhere ... ) because chrome gets updates faster.That's extremely important.browsers stay in the front line of exploit attacks.
Frankly, I don't see any point in Brave.
-Remove Spybot Anti-Beacon, These tools can corrupt OS functionality unless you have top secret Files;) ( Well this tool can't-do much about it :LOL:)
-I've tried different version of Qihoo 360 and really not impressed by protection ( just a personal opinion )

Reactions: Prayag and Vasudev

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
-Stick with chrome instead of brave and add the extension ( ublock origin - https everywhere ... ) because chrome gets updates faster.That's extremely important.browsers stay in the front line of exploit attacks.
Frankly, I don't see any point in Brave.
-Remove Spybot Anti-Beacon, These tools can corrupt OS functionality unless you have top secret Files;) ( Well this tool can't-do much about it :LOL:)
-I've tried different version of Qihoo 360 and really not impressed by protection ( just a personal opinion )

I'm thinking of using Opera. Google and Mozilla have began the war against so called "Fake News" (AKA people who use facts). But I also like the idea of Brave using "Brave Ads".

I can remove Spybot, but how do I go about disabling telemetry services?

Hmm, I've heard the opposite from others on MT. I guess as long as I keep Comodo Cloud, it doesn't matter to me if Qihoo isn't the greatest at protection. I will look for alternatives and consider replacing Qihoo, but as of now I'm gonna keep it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.