My Hands-On with the Samsung Galaxy Fold

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just went hands-on with the Galaxy Fold at the phone shop. Will be launched this coming Sept 18

20190911_182938.jpg

My Huawei Mate 20X on the left and Samsung Note 10+ on the right

20190911_183445.jpg

Thickness comparison : Huawei Mate 20 X + Samsung Note 10+ on the left vs Samsung Galaxy Fold on the right

20190911_183711.jpg

Front view of the Samsung Galaxy Fold when folded. A small front screen. However, if you are smartwatch user you sure can make better use of this small front screen

20190911_184021.jpg

Galaxy Fold unfolded. Ooops.... you can see me in the screen

Last edited:

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Using this for in-car navigation seems unwieldy. Small screen too small (if it even supports navigation) and the full screen is unmountable AFAIK by present phone holders.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Using this for in-car navigation seems unwieldy. Small screen too small (if it even supports navigation) and the full screen is unmountable AFAIK by present phone holders.
There are car mounts for tablets. Maybe one can fit the size of the Galaxy Fold

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
The Internet lied to me! It taught me that whenever humans accidentally show themselves in a picture of something they are trying to show/sell they are naked! :)

Regarding the phone it may just be an impression but it seems too big for practical use. I wonder how well it would fit in my pockets, for instance... and the price is still insane. I can buy a very good notebook with this kind of money.

• HaHa
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The Internet lied to me! It taught me that whenever humans accidentally show themselves in a picture of something they are trying to show/sell they are naked! :)

Regarding the phone it may just be an impression but it seems too big for practical use. I wonder how well it would fit in my pockets, for instance... and the price is still insane. I can buy a very good notebook with this kind of money.
There'll be many comments on 1st gen foldable devices like too expensive, too thick, too heavy, not too useful, folding crease etc.

Current technologies is such. You can always wait for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc gen foldable devices

Last edited:
Reactions: mlnevese

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.