Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Samsung NP-QX410-S01CA

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz With Arrandale 32nm Technology
RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. QX310/QX410/QX510/SF310/SF410/SF510
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 310M 512MB and Intel(R) HD Graphics
HDD: 488GB 7200RPM Seagate ST9500420AS (SATA)
Optical Drives: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-U633F
Audio: High Definition Audio Device

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
How much ram do you use as most. I ask because 4GB might not be enough. Once I played NeedForSpeed World I suddenly got a warning that their isn't enough ram and the computer closed by itself. If everything is fine then it's all good to go otherwise I suggest 6GB.

The laptop seems to be strong with entry gpu; nvidia 310M is weak and it's performance is on the same level as Intel HD3000. Your HDD is good. try to see if you can't uppgrade the ram to CL9 ram, if the laptops allows you to. Use CPUID's cpu-z to see what ram it allows as may.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
It says i have 1.95GB physical memory free and I'm not much of a gamer so graphics aren't as important to me and 4GB Ram is good enough for now, ive been considering upgrading to 8gb when i have $50 to spend lol where would i find what ram it allows in cpu-z?

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Yup switchable i just right click on a application and choose which one i want to run it with :) or i can make lists of which application runs with which graphics

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah, that is cool. I have always wanted to get switchable graphics. Also i5 is powerfull for what ever you will need it for.

Really nice specs :)

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks, it helps keep my battery life up i find, and i5 is great for whatever i need it for :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah, even the i3 I have is quite powerfull. Also guessing that you use it for games?

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
no i dont usually play games on my laptop except like flash games online but they arent like regular games. i like the power that the processor gives, i may play games eventually but i know if they are on my laptop i will get distracted in my classes lol

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
when i first got my laptop i played nfs underground 1 lol but that isn't to intense so i wouldn't know how this would take a real high graphics game

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well with the switchable graphics I would say it would run a farily decent game on high graphics, like Crysis.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
McLovin said:
Well with the switchable graphics I would say it would run a farily decent game on high graphics, like Crysis.

310M is not suited for Crysis, maybe 540M. the i5 you have has Intel HD2000 which is very bad when it comes to gaming but enough otherwise.

Do you have turbo boost on? disable it if you can.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Im not sure if i have it or not, i probably do by default, why should i turn it off? and yea it usually says that my graphics arent suited for games like gta and crysis but i can play them without lagging.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
imsoadude said:
Im not sure if i have it or not, i probably do by default, why should i turn it off? and yea it usually says that my graphics arent suited for games like gta and crysis but i can play them without lagging.

The additional MHz that turbo give won't give you any benefits; 200-300MHz won't change anything. I am sure that 2,9GHz looks nicer than 2,5Ghz but you will save some Watts and heat.

13xx by 6xx is not high resolution so the intel hd2000 should be able to make those games playable with the lowest settings.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
That is true and how would i disable the turbo boost on it? and for my graphics i watch alot of videos on it and i find that it can display movies and videos very well

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
look in the bios if you can disable it, other you can't. I suggest you watch you movie with 310M. With what kind of player do you watch your videos?

Add that exe file in nividas program settings (Nvidia settings (klick on the icon) --> program settings --> add).

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Yeah, i will look under bios for it and i have windows media player included under nvidias program setting :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.