TaskManager_zps491e5bb8.png

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Very nice,how do you like the AMD?

HP likes those finger print readers,I have one with it but I got tired of using it as it.

I

illumination

Thread author
exterminator20 said:
Very nice,how do you like the AMD?

HP likes those finger print readers,I have one with it but I got tired of using it as it.

Thank you. After using a single core AMD for the last 3 years, this is quite the transition! I am only on my second day using it, but the processor is handling everything i have thrown at it without even breaking a sweat. So far, im impressed. Im not sure if i like the finger print reader, it works ok, but has issues with sign in pages that have multiple sign in places. I have been bouncing back and forth from it to Lastpass..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is it possible to enable the AMD-V (Virtualisation) from the BIOS?

I

illumination

Thread author
Earth said:
Is it possible to enable the AMD-V (Virtualisation) from the BIOS?

Yes it can be enabled via the BIOS. HP has it disabled by default, stating they recommend it to be disabled unless needed for specific applications.

Edit: I enabled and took a screen shot to show you.

EnabledVirtualization_zps3f3a97f2.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nice new PC. Question though, reason it's not using the full 8GB? Or is that a Windows 8 problem?

I

illumination

Thread author
McLovin said:
Nice new PC. Question though, reason it's not using the full 8GB? Or is that a Windows 8 problem?

Hardware reserve is the reason, you will find that with any windows computer.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
illumination said:

Oh, right. Just asking because I have a Windows 7 machine and I have 8GB and it says it's using the full amount.

I

illumination

Thread author
McLovin said:
illumination said:

Oh, right. Just asking because I have a Windows 7 machine and I have 8GB and it says it's using the full amount.

My windows 7 computer has 4 Gig of Ram 3.7 usuable, My windows xp machine before that had 2 Gig installed and less then 2 Gig available..

So either your SPECIAL :p or im buying some seriously different computers then you! :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have 8 GB on laptop and Windows 7 shows 7.93GB usable memory.The usable memory is minus what is saved for "Hardware reserve" as illumination said.Basically memory reserved for the BIOS,drivers ect. It will vary depending on hardware installed,BIOS,Motherboard and version of windows that is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.