Password Manager: Keepass Password Safe 1
Vaccination USB: Panda USB Vaccine

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For some reason Time Freeze from Toolwiz having a BSOD on my Windows 8 Ultrabook, so after tweaking and everything; Shadow Defender was fine at me.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Very cool looking Ultrabook, Do you have the Series 5 or Series 9?

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its a Series 5 :) Running fast and smooth under of i3 Intel Processor.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
You have been busy James haven't you? :p Can't really find anything to add, but any reason for Internet Explorer 10 or is it because you use it with Windows 8?

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since my newly laptop is running fast and smooth, then I decided to use IE10 since its responsiveness is fine enough + providing SmartScreen Filter and Tracking Protection as another layer of protection.

Yeah really busy during a year so I need to focus from commonly lifestyle.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Since my newly laptop is running fast and smooth, then I decided to use IE10 since its responsiveness is fine enough + providing SmartScreen Filter and Tracking Protection as another layer of protection.

Yeah really busy during a year so I need to focus from commonly lifestyle.

Ahh, right I see. How are you like the Metro compared to Windows XP and 7? Something different I bet. :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Definitely a big different which caused me to confused a bit but could managed it well. Even the first time boot up guide made it understand a bit of using of Metro Interface version.

But the main reason is that it provides better security enhancements as posted from articles before.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Plan to buy 1TB Hard Disk Drive for my backup, which hopefully would meet up the money that I've save before.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
jamescv7 said:
For some reason Time Freeze from Toolwiz having a BSOD on my Windows 8 Ultrabook, so after tweaking and everything; Shadow Defender was fine at me.

I had toolwiz installed on two of my Work pc's "fresh installation" after just installing windows and it gave me BSOD's 2 day's later :|.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've decided to remove the preinstalled NIS and trying the experimental version of a virtualization software with a HIPS/Firewall feature.

Common sense at any type of vectors to occur an infection attack thus my level of exposure are increased.

+ Backup from my external HDD in case of a problem arise.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Made a restore changes for my Windows 8 so I'm using MBAM Pro, Privatefirewall, and Sandboxie. :)

Shadow Defender works well however for some reason I need to hard shutdown or restart as it couldn't completed fully.

While Toolwiz Time Freeze and Wondershare Time Freeze gave an error when its virtualization mode was ON.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
How are you finding Sandboxie? as if I recall you always used to use Avira?

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well its an ease to use with peace of mind and the free version is really good at all. :)

My history of my AV used on desktop as followed:

1) Avira
2) NIS
3) Avira again
4) Avast

In my ultrabook I've decided to became fast and simple: MBAM Pro does fine at all and not experience slowdowns.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
If you are very much concern about speed and having light security than try eset I promise you will never regret :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Added Keepass Password Safe 1 (Portable edition)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Any reason for KeyPass? got nothing against it just thought that Lastpass would of been better?

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm just trying something good for free password manager so since its a portable then isn't problem to be added in the system :).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.