My newest 25 av test

taleblou

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
Here is the result of 25 av tests I have done.

[attachment=5216]

Attachments

• 25 av tests.xls.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 350
Z

ZeroDay

Thanks MC. I didn't really want to install Excel viewer.

Edit to add: taleblou First impression? You've put some real work into this thanks.

Edit 2: Why are you using Comodo v5?

taleblou

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
ZeroDay said:

Edit to add: taleblou First impression? You've put some real work into this thanks.

I used comodo 6 not 5. I used all the latest AVs.

taleblou

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
Well I used a online xls to pdf converter and the pdf came out in 3 pages because of the table being too large with many columns. It has 3 columns per page and its the best I could do with a online free xls to pdf conveter.

here it is for those who do not have spreadsheet. Although spreadsheet xls version looks better.

[attachment=5217]

Attachments

• 25 av tests.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 342

taleblou

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
Also for those who do not want to install office, here is just a free spread sheet only app by kingsoft.

http://www.kingsoftstore.com/spreadsheets-free.html

taleblou

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
ZeroDay said:

It was very lengthy and tiresome test. I was working on it until very late to around 3 am.

Z

ZeroDay

taleblou said:
ZeroDay said:

It was very lengthy and tiresome test. I was working on it until very late to around 3 am.

You did a good job!

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
its a great test, good job
I make it in one pdf page may this can help " sorry for bad image quality"
[attachment=5222]

Edit: update attachment

Attachments

• av test 2.jpg
    av test 2.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 366
  • av test 2.pdf
    653.3 KB · Views: 301

taleblou

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
technology said:
its a great test, good job
I make it in one pdf page may this can help " sorry for bad image quality"

Thanks for making it into one page. Appreciate it.

taleblou

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
ZeroDay said:

I see why you thought I used comodo 5 instead of 6. lol. That 5 in bracket is part of the legend and is explained under the table. That's not a version number. I used latest comodo internet security.

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
note: CIS fail in leak test because its configuration comes with HIPS disabled by default, while in CFW Hips enabled by default.. so if you enabled HIPS in CIS it will PASS the test

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I understand the baseline is 43 seconds, however the columns indicate the boot is increased by a substantial amount.

Could you clarify the Boot Times? Are they total seconds, or on-top off the baseline?

Example:
Base time of 43 seconds + AVG Free Antivirus (Increased by 55 seconds) = Total Boot Time is 98 seconds.

<removed>

taleblou

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
technology said:
note: CIS fail in leak test because its configuration comes with HIPS disabled by default, while in CFW Hips enabled by default.. so if you enabled HIPS in CIS it will PASS the test

well for myself (did not incl. in the test) I ran it with HIPS on and on proactive and it still failed CLT test. lmao. But your right if you keep tweak and spend lots of time and manually add stuff you can make it pass.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.