Solved My PC crashed, should I reinstall Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christarzan

Thread author
Nov 5, 2012
I was playing a game but it got unresponsive in the first screen of the game. So I left the game like that for sometime but it caused by PC a BSOD.

I was wondering if I should reinstall Windows?

Will I be in any security threat or performance issues because of a BSOD due to deletion of files or messing up system?

Thanks

I can run windows fine. I am just overly worried.

mr.lashpash

Oct 18, 2012
It happened with me when i started Playing POP Forgotten sands.
and my pc was crashed whenever i run game and sometime playing movie or doing some normal stuff crashed pc in BSOD.
I installed windows but BSOD was not fixed.
Then i switched my RAMs into other slots and then it was fixed.

I think you should try this or replace your RAM

Upvote 0

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Hello and Welcome to :MalwareTips:

Also,I agree with Detection,do NOT re-install operating system cause of a simple crash. It is normal,also which game you were playing? it can be cause of the game wants more RAM of your PC,and other softwares cannot use it,so the system restarts closing the game = Normal for users which have..lemon-juice made PC

In short :

If you tried to run Far Cry 3 on Maximum graphic settings on a computer with Windows 98,Pentium III. You'll get the same result right after you click 'apply'

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Was it a newly installed game or have you played it before on your system ?

What OS are you running{win xp,vista,7,8} ?

What are your system specs {Cpu,memory,graphics card,ect.} ?

Like Detection posted above just because your system crashed doesnt necessitate a reinstall.

I think you are overly worried.Games,depending on the game,require a a fair amount of your systems resources and paired with the resources required by your OS can cause a system to crash if you dont have the resources on your system to begin with.As far as security if you didnt download the game from somewhere questionable you should be fine.If you are worried you can run a scan for malware just to give you piece of mind.For your concern about system corruption you can check for errors by using chkdsk for file sytem ,hardware and bad sectors on you HDD or sfc /scannow for Windows installation errors and repair.

You posted that Windows is running fine now and you arent getting any errors then you should be fine.You should first make sure your system has enough resources required to run the game.If you have played it before without problems check for errors and hardware issues and or changes.

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

christarzan said:
I was playing a game but it got unresponsive in the first screen of the game. So I left the game like that for sometime but it caused by PC a BSOD.

I was wondering if I should reinstall Windows?

Will I be in any security threat or performance issues because of a BSOD due to deletion of files or messing up system?

Thanks

I can run windows fine. I am just overly worried.

What was the game you attempted to running when that happened? Is it the latest version of the game in question? There are games that depending on the drivers and patches can cause issues like that and often than not it will either require you to update to the latest patch available for the game or temporarily roll back. Also do you use On Board Graphics or a dedicated card? Consider updating to latest version as well.

mr.lashpash said:
It happened with me when i started Playing POP Forgotten sands.
and my pc was crashed whenever i run game and sometime playing movie or doing some normal stuff crashed pc in BSOD.
I installed windows but BSOD was not fixed.
Then i switched my RAMs into other slots and then it was fixed.

I think you should try this or replace your RAM

Before jumping to conclusions it is the RAM and going through the process of taking out and slot back in the RAM, other troubleshoot options are more viable and recommended.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.