Troubleshoot My PC is way too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
Hello, when i turn on my pc it needs like 2 mins and 30 seconds to load up to desktop screen and the icons to be shown.

When my PC is turned on and i do a restart, it takes 5 minutes to restart and load the desktop.

I did a full PC scan with my Avas Free Antivirus and no viruses were found.

Can you guys please help me?

My PC used to turn on in less than 60 like a year and a half... now its 2 mins 30 seconds.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    55.7 KB · Views: 406
  • FRST.txt
    43.5 KB · Views: 408

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
- Second what you have in startup? Let's remove something.

- Third, search, type msconfig, show me what you have in the boot, see image:

As you requested...

I have nothing, no errors, no startup programs, maybe just the Hard Disk Drive is tearing apart ?

I forgot to say it, as you can all see because I posted like 100 screenshots of my PC :D

My PC configuration is a gaming one, i bought it for 1000 euros on December 2012.

I never did a hardware update, like changing CPU, GPU, add more ram and stuff i also never format it.

I only changed the power supply to a better one 3 years ago.

I also didn't use air compressor in my PC for like almost a year now or something i dont remember 100%.

Is it the reason of the slow boot and restart time because the computer is old? December 2012 - May 2021 - 8 years and 5 months. :D

I think the fans need an air compressor refresh...

Attachments

• Boot.png
    Boot.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
As you requested...

I have nothing, no errors, no startup programs, maybe just the Hard Disk Drive is tearing apart ?

I forgot to say it, as you can all see because I posted like 100 screenshots of my PC :D

My PC configuration is a gaming one, i bought it for 1000 euros on December 2012.

I never did a hardware update, like changing CPU, GPU, add more ram and stuff i also never format it.

I only changed the power supply to a better one 3 years ago.

I also didn't use air compressor in my PC for like almost a year now or something i dont remember 100%.

Is it the reason of the slow boot and restart time because the computer is old? December 2012 - May 2021 - 8 years and 5 months. :D

I think the fans need an air compressor refresh...
Last thing that I could think of is that the defragmentation of Windows isn't active on your system. Maybe you can go analyze your drives with Windows built in defragmentation.

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It is looking like a clean install of Windows (ideally on a SSD as suggested) may be a good option, if defragging does not help. If you have a lot of apps you will need to reinstall this will be a hassle, but if you don't use many apps then it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

One more thing you could try first though, is to install and run Windows Repair from tweaking.com, with the default repairs. While it's not specifically designed to increase performance, It won't break anything and there is a chance it may improve performance. A while ago I suggested it to someone, and they said it made their computer run faster. Anyway, it's a better option than running registry/junk cleaners.

Upvote 0

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
Gentlemen, the conclusion is made.

I need a SSD as soon as possible, i am going to buy one tomorrow morning!

Here is a website from my country which is the best one in the country in terms of computer supplies:

Anhoch PC Market Online - Дома - change the language to English currency to euros and head over to Storage and equipment.

What is the best manufacturer for SSD drives? Gigabyte, Kingston or Samsung? I want to buy Kingston because they are an old company with tradition.

I want to buy an SSD consisting of 512 GB's but i have a dilemma over the manufacturer...

Also my RAM memory is DDR3 will the SSD be compatible with my current ram memory or that doesn't matter?

Regards.

Upvote 0

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
It is looking like a clean install of Windows (ideally on a SSD as suggested) may be a good option, if defragging does not help. If you have a lot of apps you will need to reinstall this will be a hassle, but if you don't use many apps then it shouldn't be too much of an issue

Let's see what nasdaq will answer and lets see his proposal...

Upvote 0

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Gentlemen, the conclusion is made.

I need a SSD as soon as possible, i am going to buy one tomorrow morning!

Here is a website from my country which is the best one in the country in terms of computer supplies:

Anhoch PC Market Online - Дома - change the language to English currency to euros and head over to Storage and equipment.

What is the best manufacturer for SSD drives? Gigabyte, Kingston or Samsung? I want to buy Kingston because they are an old company with tradition.

I want to buy an SSD consisting of 512 GB's but i have a dilemma over the manufacturer...

Also my RAM memory is DDR3 will the SSD be compatible with my current ram memory or that doesn't matter?

Regards.
According to the manufacturer of my first gaming PC when I wasn't into hardware, the Samsung SSDs are the best in his opinion. But go check the reviews on multiple sites.

Upvote 0

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
Guys i have a problem.

I contacted my PC dealer and he told me that the files which are on local disc C cannot be cloned on the SSD drive, he said: " those things dont go that way"

Is this true?

Upvote 0

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
I'm sorry, what?
I don't know how the people from you who deal with the sale of computers or the ones in the service are, but we have many inexperienced people ...
The job of HDD cloning is exactly what you hear, it clones data from one medium to another ... it may not work only if the media on which it will be cloned (eg SSD) has a much smaller capacity than the existing one on HDD.

And now back to the topic, did you try to start your PC without an internet connection?
I was surprised on other PCs where the connection created problems when connecting and as a result Windows somehow was hanging.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
I'm sorry, what?
I don't know how the people from you who deal with the sale of computers or the ones in the service are, but we have many inexperienced people ...
The job of HDD cloning is exactly what you hear, it clones data from one medium to another ... it may not work only if the media on which it will be cloned (eg SSD) has a much smaller capacity than the existing one on HDD.

And now back to the topic, did you try to start your PC without an internet connection?
I was surprised on other PCs where the connection created problems when connecting and as a result Windows somehow was hanging.

Dude, I have a total of 2 TB memory.
Local Disck C is 199 GB
Local Disk D is 1,6 TB
As you can see of my screenshots...

In total I have 425 GB used space from both discs combined. I want to buy SSD from a 512 GB's and put all the files and programs on the SSD and keep the 2 TB HDD drive empty for movies, music and stuff like that.

The guy which I bought the PC is a system engineer with a faculty diploma and he told me " most probably you can't clone your files to the SSD files "

He told me that all files from Local Disk C ( the main disc ) i should copy paste them to local disc D so he can make a clean windows on the SSD.

Reactions: CyberTech and plat
Upvote 0

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Dude, I have a total of 2 TB memory.
Local Disck C is 199 GB
Local Disk D is 1,6 TB
As you can see of my screenshots...

In total I have 425 GB used space from both discs combined. I want to buy SSD from a 512 GB's and put all the files and programs on the SSD and keep the 2 TB HDD drive empty for movies, music and stuff like that.

The guy which I bought the PC is a system engineer with a faculty diploma and he told me " most probably you can't clone your files to the SSD files "

He told me that all files from Local Disk C ( the main disc ) i should copy paste them to local disc D so he can make a clean windows on the SSD.
Sorry, but if the new SSD is larger than your current disk C (199GB) a system engineer with a faculty diploma should be able to clone that to the new SSD.
Maybe because the problems you are having, he found it better to start over with a fresh Windows 10 install on your new SSD 🤔

Upvote 0

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
(but I have never heard of Inland as manufacturer of SSD's :unsure: ):

Very budget (cheap) and among the lowest-performing of brands. Maybe as a placeholder or a spare in case of emergency.

Before buying my Samsung 980 Pro 6 mo. ago, I looked at Inland nvm-e at my area Micro Center--same capacity but at less than half the price? Since this is a single-drive machine, I went with the Samsung hands-down, it's an investment, OP.

This is an older thread on Inland but prob. not much has changed over 3 years.

Upvote 0

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Sorry, but if the new SSD is larger than your current disk C (199GB) a system engineer with a faculty diploma should be able to clone that to the new SSD.
Maybe because the problems you are having, he found it better to start over with a fresh Windows 10 install on your new SSD 🤔
Yes, it will be easily possible with Macrium reflect free or Aomei Partition magic/assistant.
However new SSD Fresh windows install would be my suggestion has well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.