O2cIh.jpg

Dc2Bv.jpg

1vJEt.jpg

mr.lashpash

Oct 18, 2012
Nice PC Dear.
But there is a SSD missing.
Your PC's performence is being killed by your traditional Hard Disk
You Must use SSD for boot drive, you will feel the difference after adding SSD in this rig.
A liquid Cooling is also necessory for K series of processors if you want to overclock them. You should use a third party CPU cooler like H80i of H100.
You are using 32bit operating system which supports only 4 GB of RAM maximum. you should be using 64 bit windows which supports more RAM then 32 Bit. like Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit supports 16 Gigs or Maximum RAM

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Agreed. Large bottleneck in your system with that standard HDD. Luckily the prices of SSD's is decreasing.

You may aswell have just 4GB RAM installed since you're using 32-bit Windows, as LashPash mentioned. Sweet setup nonetheless though, good job ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It is a nice Job,very cleanly put together.I would agree with Tom And Mr.L that until you get a SSD & 64 bit OS you are not going to see the full power and potential.Its kind of a waste to have all that RAM and only get 4GB out of it.You can still use the HDD just use the SSD for the OS and the other for programs and files,ect.Mr.L also makes a good point about liquid cooling.When I built mine I skimped and just got a 3rd party cpu fan to replace the stock Intel one and only until after overclocking did I realize that I should have spent the extra cash and liquid cooled it.With an SSD,64 bit OS and overclocked that thing will be more than a beast

P

Plexx

IC does have a SSD but not on that rig at the moment.

She spent quite some time building that. Give her some time, as I am sure she is fully aware that she will require a 64bit OS to take advantage of the 16GB RAM.

:)

According to CPU temperature, it should be fine as it is, although I know IC has not overclocked the CPU and is using FANS as the main ventilation which is doable.

One will need a liquid cooling system for an overclocked 2nd and 3rd gen i7's K series. Stock is fine as long as there is enough ventilation.

I have said already to her before but ill say it here: Me loves that GPU!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
That is one powerful machine. Do you play any sort of high intense games on it?

I

illumination

Wow, nice Rig! I agree with updating the hard drive as well as the OS, but other then, i think im drooling! :D

InternetChicken

Thread author
Jul 16, 2012
hi all thanks for your nice comments and suggestions
I have a SSD and 64 bit OS but the SSD was causing errors and was faulty
so I am waiting for a replacement to be shipped

and for A liquid Cooling I have a professional do that for me lol
once I get my SSD lol
as for high intense games well farcry 3 and metro is what I am currently playing

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
InternetChicken said:
as for high intense games well farcry 3 and metro is what I am currently playing

Well for Farcry 3 I think MrXidus is currently playing if I'm right. Seems to be hooked on it.

D

Deleted member 178

and WIn8 x64 has a very good resource usage.

btw, it will be not InternetChicken anymore but InternetVelociraptor :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.