omar khttab

Thread author
Nov 23, 2012
backup/Tuneup
Norton 360 Backup and Tuneup
Advanced system care 6
CCleanr
comdo system utiltes
manual backup (copying system sensitive file and user data to a usb flash and cd )
paasword manger :
Norton identity safe

more info about my system :
4 gega ram
core i 5 2.5 ghz
500 gega hard drive

about my security i use and test about all the av in the world (kaspersky ,eset,comdo,bitdefnder)

at the final i found Norton one from the best .
i would like to use an anti-virus with firewall from third part but some times my brothers use my pc and they dont know anything about computers and security and the HIPS in the third part firewall (online armor , comdo ...) show a lot of massage and my brothers dont know what to do.
now for anyone do you recommended me to add any Extensions or add ons for my browser or change something in my config
because im a security and changing av crazy for that if you have any tip pleas post it here .
thanks for this great fourm and members

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Omar Hi,
You look all set.
Maybe a password manager for Chrome (LastPass or KeePass).

D

Deleted member 178

NIS + EAM = Strong combo

how did you set up them? (just to verify if you did it properly)

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
omar khttab said:
i would like to use an anti-virus with firewall from third part but some times my brothers use my pc and they dont know anything about computers and security and the HIPS in the third part firewall (online armor , comdo ...) show a lot of massage and my brothers dont know what to do.
now for anyone do you recommended me to add any Extensions or add ons for my browser or change something in my config
because im a security and changing av crazy for that if you have any tip pleas post it here .
thanks for this great fourm and members

You can use a virtual machine for your brother,
i do the same for my sister :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Your all set. Like NSG001 said the only thing I can see that you could add is Lastpass. :)

kuva

Verified
Nov 24, 2012
so many softwares that ive never heard before,gotta try hitman pro and emisoft anti-malware.
thanks !

omar khttab

Thread author
Nov 23, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
NIS + EAM = Strong combo

how did you set up them? (just to verify if you did it properly)

yes about set emsisoft to be compaitble with Norton i test them serval time on virtual machine then after they was looking good in my test i install them in my real system and really no errors between them

i dont know but i see Norton slower when scan the new file but emsisoft by default seetings to first scan the new / modified what is making it very fast detecteding virus and faster than Norton
i try real virus and malware
then i try eicar test file
emsisoft detected Eicar test file in : 0.0 sec whats mean its detected it Immediately

Norton : about 2 seconds to remove Eicar test file
EICAR FILE :
http://www.eicar.org/86-0-Intended-use.html

but to be also without any problems i set emsi to scan only at read whats make it fully compaitble with Norton

and for mr madyrocksin
i uninstall all the virtual programe from my device because its lem my internet spped lees than 3 KB and in the host machine (my real system ) the speed became about 3 mega in the gust machine :( and to solve the problem i had to re-install all my network driver and uninstall virtualbox and i really right now i dont think to reinstall virtual machine

thanks for all :shy:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.