My Rig " The magic one "

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
this is where the magic happens
i study , Go online , game and everything

Cpu : AMD x64 2500+
MB : asus with probably infected BIOS ( to lazy to flash it )
Ram : 2x2G DDR2
GPU : Nvidia 7300 LE
HDD : 160 GB
Chinese case
1 Cd reader and 1 DVD reader
Monitor 2 x CRT 14"
everything else is built in

:sleepy: pretty crappy :D it's more than enough for me ATM also
Planning on getting a new once i get a job :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Not that bad for what you are usung it for. What are you going to get as your new one?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Entry computer. Make a thread when you plan to buy a new one. I suggest that you swich to intel; the Ivy-bridge is around the corner. If you look to decent integrated gpu than AMD's apu is what I then recommend.

Make sure to tell us and we will help buy a valuable pc :)

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Pretty entry-level computer.

I'd definitely say you should get a higher-capacity HDD, you'll need it, at least a 320GB one (keep in mind, prices are somewhat higher due to the recent shortage of drives). I'd recommend going with AMD on the graphics card, reason being they have better cards than Nvidia (and they can cost about the same price), although it really depends on the specific things you do, if you want to play newer games, you'll need at least an entry-level 6000 series card (they're better than the entry-level ones of the previous gen). As for the processor, Intel is better, but they're a lot more expensive. If you're on a budget, AMD will do you well, if you want to spend a bit more money for more quality, go with Intel. Intel's integrated graphics suck, so like Valentin said, go with AMD for the integrated graphics (even though integrated graphics aren't good in general for gaming at all).

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
quoted text
Not that bad for what you are usung it for. What are you going to get as your new one?
not very High end nor mid end
something will make me go through college without a problem
i use it for Programming watching a movie or two and surfing the net
Reading a lot of material on the net
and i use a lot of VM so the Ram capacity is very important
also a pretty decent 19" LCD of reading

Entry computer. Make a thread when you plan to buy a new one. I suggest that you swich to intel; the Ivy-bridge is around the corner. If you look to decent integrated gpu than AMD's apu is what I then recommend.

Make sure to tell us and we will help buy a valuable pc Smile
i will do that ofcourse
but about changing to Intel It's not my choose it's the budget's
i will get the Cheaper

Pretty entry-level computer.

I'd definitely say you should get a higher-capacity HDD, you'll need it, at least a 320GB one (keep in mind, prices are somewhat higher due to the recent shortage of drives). I'd recommend going with AMD on the graphics card, reason being they have better cards than Nvidia (and they can cost about the same price), although it really depends on the specific things you do, if you want to play newer games, you'll need at least an entry-level 6000 series card (they're better than the entry-level ones of the previous gen). As for the processor, Intel is better, but they're a lot more expensive. If you're on a budget, AMD will do you well, if you want to spend a bit more money for more quality, go with Intel. Intel's integrated graphics suck, so like Valentin said, go with AMD for the integrated graphics (even though integrated graphics aren't good in general for gaming at all).
i think i will get a decent Mid end Graphic cuz i don't Like integrated stuff
as for the Hard i think i will be forced to Get a 360GB or smiler
cuz i don't think they make smaller capacities for Old school HDD
SSD of course out of the picture because of the budget
my budget is very small Something Around 200 $ - 250$ without the monitor

thanks for all of the advices i will take them into consideration when i decide on buying
also i will open a new thread for that

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
going cheap is not always good and you may suffer from it; cheap components can (especially when it come PSU (Power Supply Unit)) break easier and they have shorter life. You also have to look from the energy consumption (a well-balanced apu uses 65W or 100W depending in the modell) and look how advanced. An AMD HD 2400 could before without problem handle a website, a few years ago, nowadays it barely can.

If you look from the long temp then an expensive pc may serve you better and it's also prepared for the future so upgrade the components won't come in question.

I hope you get what I mean. :) It's up to you what you want to do, but I have better experience with a bit more computers. Look from a longer perspective

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
If he's on a budget and needs the PC earlier than it would take to earn the money.
You're right about that, but even with a high-end PC, it won't last much longer than 2 years in the same class it's been in before (but it should be sufficient anyway).

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Dejan said:
If he's on a budget and needs the PC earlier than it would take to earn the money.
You're right about that, but even with a high-end PC, it won't last much longer than 2 years in the same class it's been in before (but it should be sufficient anyway).

That's true but the high-end will be able to serve you well and long depending on how you are. For instance and i7-960 or lower will still be able to be among the high-end even when Ivybridge or Haswell will be out.

An Nvidia GTX 570 will still be high-end gpu in a few years, of course not among the top but it will still be there. In the gpu world there might be a bigger difference since the gpu:s are now manufactured in 28nm compared 40nm (that means that we have 42% more space to put shaders core)

It all depends what you want.

I have for instance an i7-2630qm and I am very happy with it. It's more than I need but it's strong cpu that will serve me well under few years and I will be able to sell it as mid-high-end cpu even at the time I would sell it.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Yeah, depends on what he wants.
There's a lot more chance for the rig lasting long if he was using it for more mid-range things, as suppose to gaming on multiple monitors or something.

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
guys Mid end equipment are more than enogh for me
also the money is tight so i will get cheaper component

thanks for the Help

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
could do an i3-2100($100) + h67 board($85) + cheap hd($100) + 8gb ram($50), all for about $350 in US, not sure about pricing outside the states

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.