HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
OK, here's my wishlist

1) To get the Netgear Orbi Mesh Router with Netgear Armor (powered by BitDefender) to replace my current Portal Router once it update its firmware to support WPA3

2) To get the eBlocker to improve my online privacy

The above will help to protect my home-wide IoT and non-IoT devices with privacy.

3) To get the InvizBox Portable VPN Router once its firmware has been updated to WPA3. The KRACK WiFi issue has already being patched.

4) To get the Huawei E5788 4G LTE Router running at 1Gps

Huawei E5788 – 4G LTE Mall

5) To get a new lightweight laptop with looooooooooong battery life like the LG GRAM 15 2018

6) Get myself a new smartphone with Gbps speed

:)

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just up a notch for my hardware requirements

1) ALL new laptop/smartphone/router must support WPA3 and WiFi 802.11ax standard i.e. to come with INTEL AC-9260/9560 chipsets which are available now

Intel Announces 802.11ax Chipsets for Faster Wi-Fi - IT Peer Network
Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 Product Specifications
Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 Product Specifications

And to subscribe for 2Gbps home fibre broadband and Gbps mobile broadband

Thus, having

Higher Speed - 2Gbps fibre broadband + Gbps mobile broadband......with WiFi 802.11ax
Greater security - WPA3 + Netgear Armor
Improved privacy - eBlocker

:cool:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Now, more targeted purchases

1) 2x smartphones with SD855 running Gbps and comes with 802.11ax and WPA3. Will retire my SAMSUNG Note 4 which has served me faithfully for 4 years plus

2) NIKON P1000 for birds sighting and seeing the moon

3) CANON PowerShot SX740 HS for my work use

4) MS Surface Book 3 with i9 15-inch 4K touchscreen 16GB RAM 512GB SSD. This is to replace my soon-dying MS SP4. Strange that my MS SP3 is still going strong and its screen can outlast the MS SP4. The MS SP4 screen has yellowish marking and serious light bleeding showing up now. Hopefully, the upcoming SB3 will come with TB3 and USB-C (USB 3.1 Gen 2 or USB 3.2) ports

The rest of the items/requirements in my earlier posts still stand

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Wait for 1st-gen 5G phones?

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Ok, just got my first buy

It's the 40x CANON PowerShot SX740 HS superzoom camera. It replaces my 30x SONY Cyber-shot DSC HX50V superzoom camera

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Reactions: vtqhtr413
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.