MyBitDefender Dashboard bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Hey guys, is anyone else having problems with their Dashboard logons?

I opened my Dashboard and it logged me in to an account that is not mine.
All personal info was available to me about some else including Facebook page, real name, location, registered devices, birth date, phone number and address. It even had BitDefender Pro license for 2 years on a PC Workgroup, and two mobile phones registered with details.

I used the log on option to use Facebook. I logged out and went to log back in and it logged me in to another account that was not mine.

So I logged out again, used the option to create a MyBitDefender account. Now finally I'm logged on to my account. I then removed all of my personal details from my profile since they are having problems leaking info to other accounts.

I'm not sure what the problem is but this a huge security risk. Maybe a bug in the Facebook log on options.

Thanks.:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Wow that is a huge problem,it sure seems as though it might be related to Facebook.I only installed it on Windows xp mode to test 90 day installer & windows 8 to try it out and never messed around with the Dashboard or profile info.I cannot even find anything on it

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I terminated my Bitdefender account a few months ago, I would suggest contacting Bitdefender Support about this issue.

Sounds concerning.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Earth said:
I terminated my Bitdefender account a few months ago, I would suggest contacting Bitdefender Support about this issue.

Sounds concerning.

I agree because I cant find anything anywhere on this bug.I am sure they would appreciate knowing about it,if they arent aware of it.I am sure a security issue such as this would tarnish their reputation especially when they are getting good reviews.

Littlebits you should squeeze them for some BD licenses for MT while your at it :p

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
I contacted live chat:

Me: MyBitDefender Dashboard bugs
Is anyone else having problems with their Dashboard logons?
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
License Key:

You are now speaking with Stu of Customer Service.

Stu: Welcome to BitDefender LiveAssistance!, Me! Thank you for your interest in our security solution BitDefender.

Stu: Hello Me!

Me: hello

Me: I opened my Dashboard and it logged me in to an account that is not mine.
All personal info was available to me about some else including Facebook page, real name, location, registered devices, birth date, phone number and address. It even had BitDefender Pro license for 2 years on a PC Workgroup, and two mobile phones registered with details.

I used the log on option to use Facebook. I logged out and went to log back in and it logged me in to another account that was not mine.

So I logged out again, used the option to create a MyBitDefender account. Now finally I'm logged on to my account. I then removed all of my personal details from my profile since they are having problems leaking info to other accounts.

I'm not sure what the problem is but this a huge security risk.

Stu: This is a known issue, we apologize for the encountered situation. My colleagues are working on a solution and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Me: Ok thanks I just wanted to report this issue.
Stu: Thank you for your feedback Me.

Stu: Tell me, is there anything else that I may be able to assist you with at the moment?

Me: No that is it, thank you

Enjoy!!:D

I

illumination

Littlebits said:
Stu: This is a known issue, we apologize for the encountered situation. My colleagues are working on a solution and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

That's a pretty big issue, one would think they would shut down this service until the issue was fixed.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
That was fast,but you forgot to strong arm Stu for some licenses :D

Im glad they are working on it

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
That's a pretty big issue, one would think they would shut down this service until the issue was fixed.

Nah, they like to keep it open so that they have heaps of people asking about the same question.

/sarcasm

I

illumination

McLovin said:
thewolfsmith72 said:

Nah, they like to keep it open so that they have heaps of people asking about the same question.

/sarcasm

In the mean time, hope they don't mind if one decided to copy all the other users details/info. While they are apologizing for the "encounters"..

/sarcasm

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
McLovin said:
thewolfsmith72 said:

/sarcasm

In the mean time, hope they don't mind if one decided to copy all the other users details/info. While they are apologizing for the "encounters"..

/sarcasm

That is what I was thinking at least they could do is post a warning.
I could have already copied several BitDefender license and gather enough info to hack and steal identity of two user accounts.

The server should have been taking offline until all issues were resolved.
I hope this is not how BitDefender offers support to their paying customers. You don't have to worry about malware stealing your personal data, our servers do it for you. :D

D

Deleted member 178

Littlebits said:
I could have already copied several BitDefender license and gather enough info to hack and steal identity of two user accounts.

:666: what i may do of that? i dont have BDIS licenses yet :666: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.